LegacyGT.com

Basic maintenance info needed.

ok so im gonna be doing some basic stuff to keep the leggy up and runnin smoother.

1. I was going to use Ngk Platinum spark plugs along with Oreilly/kragen oem wires. (any other reccomendations.)

2. Transmission fluid? was going to just use some brand name havent decided yet.

3. ignition coil should be changed at what point? does it matter its the same one runnin on 205k miles?

Ngk wires are suppost to be a lil better than oem and not much more

2. i would do research on the tranny fluid as you cant just go putting the newest synthetics in older cars as it can mess with the synchro - manuals

if it is to lubricated (sorry i dont have answer)

3 and unless you have a misfire thats unresolvable by plugs and wires and other basic stuff then maybe but otherwise leave it

change the fuel filter, check its date though to see how old it is.

keep up on oil changes!!

but what else have you done?

I changed my rear diff fluid to synthetic and i feel like its made a slight improvement

is your car auto or manual??

if manual and your changing, fill the rear diff with the same fluid you fill the transmission with!!! it takes .9 litres so shouldnt take one full bottle of 75w 90

the slippier the synthetic the better for the rear diff, not the same for transmission though

I want to get my transmission drained and filled as i dont know when its last been done!!

Archived