LegacyGT.com

Show pics of your JB Weld TMIC

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
There were a couple of good pictures in an EFI tuning thread. I did mine in the same fashion. I tightened all of the tabs with channel locks, sanded and cleaned the areas to be JB welded and the taped off the areas that I didn't want to get JB Weld on. I let it cure several days as well. The results were a really clean and nice job, but the JB weld cracked pretty much in the first week and got progressively worse. I've since upgraded to the IPR TMIC.

1528910262_oemtmicjbweld.jpg.c42c7127f84bf5e05beb39d54c544f7b.jpg

833446128_oemtmiccrack.jpg.eb2cc4e46078ca2189c933b8f18c1ca7.jpg

...The results were a really clean and nice job, but the JB weld cracked pretty much in the first week and got progressively worse. I've since upgraded to the IPR TMIC.

yeah, if your tmic is prone to this issue, there's a good chance the jb alone will develop cracks down the line -- and further touch-up reapplications are poor band-aids.

i finally resolved mine by making a 'supertab' out of really strong aluminum stock, crimping it tight, then reinforcing the whole scene with further heaps of jb. for my needs, one as shown worked just fine, but imho an additional 'tab' up top would really bulletproof it for all it's worth.

IMG_0282_showtab.JPG.2dfa1ac7f6e74d0f27dbdded53df3fb4.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived