LegacyGT.com

Socal Alignment recommendation

wpmarky

Hey Guys,

So I'm heading down to Buttonwillow for a track day this Sunday, gonna chill first in LA on Fri-Sat. Can anyone recommend a good/inexpensive alignment place I could go to on Saturday morning/afternoon?

I can't take off work early during the weekdays to take it to the place I like up here, I'm hoping there's more options down south...

Thanks in advance =)

Darin at WestEnd, call in advance as he is very busy. Expect to pay about a bill. He is very strict on appointments and is very meticulous.

Check out these reviews http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-alignment-gardena.

Also try out Evasive Motorspots, another very good alternative place that is has more open scheduling compared to WestEnd. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913745&highlight=alignment

Good luck Mark, wish I had enough money to be there too :(

I got mine done at firestone in torrance ala lifetime alignment package. Just make sure you watch them do it and be sure they get it as close to/right on your specs. Also, if you don't have a way to adjust the rear then I wouldn't go too aggressive up front with your alignment. You'll end up degrading your braking as well as get more oversteer than you like (unless thats what youre going for).

Have fun, I couldn't make this event because of work :spin:

Hey Guys,

So I'm heading down to Buttonwillow for a track day this Sunday, gonna chill first in LA on Fri-Sat. Can anyone recommend a good/inexpensive alignment place I could go to on Saturday morning/afternoon?

I can't take off work early during the weekdays to take it to the place I like up here, I'm hoping there's more options down south...

Thanks in advance =)

my alignment guys up here were able to get -1.1 all around with stock bolts. Now I got the BC coilovers with front camber plates. I would like to get the rear trailing arm to get more neg camber in back, but I'm trying to hold off on more mods til i buy that engagement ring =p

I was thinking if I can get -1.1 in rear again (or more), then maybe get -2 or -2.5 in front, or however much I can get to match the -1.1 in rear.

I got mine done at firestone in torrance ala lifetime alignment package.

^x2 Anyone who did not get one of these in the first year they got their AWD is smoking crack! I just tossed in some KW2 and am going for yet another "free" alignment... I think our 7th :lol:

I hear alot about that firestone lifetime alignment.

How does that work, can you go to any firestone around the country for an alignment? Can they do performance alignments with coilovers & camber plates? With all the changes I keep doing to my suspension, that lifetime alignment would be a great deal for me.

How does that work, can you go to any firestone around the country for an alignment? Can they do performance alignments with coilovers & camber plates? With all the changes I keep doing to my suspension, that lifetime alignment would be a great deal for me.

Coilovers yes. They work on my KW2s (on spec tophats)

Camber plates are a no-no, spec b tophat style only.

They won't put you "out of alignment" either. No positive camber in front, etc.

This one is a 'it depends'. You have to call around and ask. I've had camber plates since 2007 and have had my coilovers adjusted many times.

I recently had my camber plates adjusted at Firestone in Torrance for an event I drove in at SOW on 2 May. Luckily the tech was a 'car dude' and was very helpful. He let me have eyes on the alignment computer and be 100% sure he was hitting the exact alignment specs I asked for. I made sure he was dead on at -2F, -1.5R 0 Toe all around.

Also, I had to sign a waiver saying I wouldn't complain if i had excessive tire wear :rolleyes: which you will have a lot of after a day at Buttonwillow anyways.

Get lots of footage.

I don't remember his name but here's the address. From what I remember, he was the only guy that does the alignments for this particular shop. He's a younger hispanic guy. He said he used to work at Super Autobacs in Westminster. Either way, I still stood by the monitor and watched the numbers as he turned the wrench -- I'm anal like that :)

1717 Torrance Blvd

Torrance, CA 90501

(310) 618-8883

^Torrance you say - PM me the tech name so I can visit him :lol:

if u have camber plates cant u just set ur plates to 0*.... and then have them do a regular alignment off that... then u can just have fun with ur plates?!

or am i missing something.

neither of my cars have plates.

car for sale. PM me!

if u have camber plates cant u just set ur plates to 0*.... and then have them do a regular alignment off that... then u can just have fun with ur plates?!

or am i missing something.

neither of my cars have plates.

Whenever you adjust camber you are also changing toe. If I remember it right, whenever you add neg camber you're also introducing more toe out. Someone correct me on that. Aside from uneven tire wear excessive toe causes, it can also be a detriment to how you want your car to handle out at the track.

Hope that helps.

Archived