LegacyGT.com

Legacy Problems please help

Recently purchased 05 legacy non turbo 2.5 5 speed off my father.

He drove the car for 160,000 miles all highway miles some small problems

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Ash tray wont stay shut.

After swapping my frozen rear right caliper (replaced hoses, pads rotor caliper) everything went smooth except my impact gun broke a lug/stude replaced that and now my E-Break light is on. What could have caused this light to come on. Looking to fix the problem not remove the fuse or bulb.

Cadiliac converter was replaced 30,000 miles ago and it is now rattling. How could it go that fast? looking for used exaust for car now.

Check engine light -- code is cat converter. Flashing cruise control light constantly while car is running. cruise wont work and will not stop flashing.

Ebreak leather cover, leather shrank pulled out entirely.

Holes under drivers carpet. under the removable carpet two heel holes one under clutch one under gas from 160,000 miles.

Center console does not stay cliked shut sits 1/4" above lock mechanism when it does lock it quickly pops up the 1/4 inch

Where is the cabin airfilter

Thanks,

Scott

Since I don't have the car to actually tell, here is my input...

1) Is the brake handle going all the way down? It sounds like the parking brake cable needs to adjusted after the rear caliper replacement, either from the handle side or at the caliper.

2) Can't help with the catalytic converter, but it is possible it could have went after 30K. It's either a sensor or you do really need a new cat.

3) The e-brake boot can be re-glued on using some spray adhesive. The whole piece can be popped off and the boot slid over the handle, then reglued and installed (as one piece) in reverse order.

4) The ash tray and center console sound like the latches are just worn out. Hard to tell without the car.

5) 2005 & 2006 had to be retrofitted for a cabin filter. If it was, then open the glove box, and remove the small black tray in the upper portion, you should see it in there if the car was retro fitted. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/installation-cabin-air-filter-56k-warning-1626.html?t=1626&highlight=cabin+filter

Archived