LegacyGT.com

Transmission Fluid smell

So I recently flushed the transmission and filled it. I happened to get it about half an inch over the full line.

Today I took some out to see if it was just so damn full because I could smell the trans fluid in the cabin after getting on it.

When I had taken some out and got it at the full line just about dead on. It still has that smell.

Also when I have unplugged the return line both times to flush the first time and the second time fluid came out and spilled. Could that be why I smell it after the car gets warm? I spilt a decent amount of it but cleaned it up the best I could with a towel.

After about 9 years of use and maybe 1 or 2 std transmission services during that time, my transmission fluid filter became so gummed up that I leaked out a bunch of fluid and my transmission started slipping / wouldn't go into gear. Thought I was screwed / in for a $4000 transmission repair because I didn't realize what was happening. $100 worth of filter change and fluid refill got me back on the road. No problems since. *knock on wood*

Archived