LegacyGT.com

So Question...

So i have read in various places on this sight that people started with less than 200 hp when their cars were stock. I have read that the 2005 GT's have 250 hp stock, I'm assuming thats to the flywheel? So am i to believe that we lose more than 50 hp in transfer to the wheels?

Help me understand this.. sorry for the noobness. :)

Wow, i knew it was less but i had no idea it was that bad. That really makes me wanna upgrade now. I thought i was fine with the stock power, but i think i want more now. What would the typical numbers be for a stage one tune? hp to the wheels?

Wow, i knew it was less but i had no idea it was that bad. That really makes me wanna upgrade now. I thought i was fine with the stock power, but i think i want more now. What would the typical numbers be for a stage one tune? hp to the wheels?

Really think about that statement in bold. I bought the LGT with the desire to have a family vehicle with some good pickup on demand. The LGT is exactly that. However, stock power was not enough and I was quickly stage 1. That did not last long either and quickly made it to stage 2. Well, satisfaction with stage 2 did not last long either and I straightway began gathering and installing the parts to accompany a turbo upgrade. Now after thousands of dollars already spent worth of parts and a few more months, my LGT will be a 400+ WHP (depending on how far I push it) family vehicle. Do you really want this to happen to you? :eek: Many here can attest to my condition.

BTW, I think I remember seeing stage 1 tunes anywhere from the 210-230 whp range but don't take my word for it. I've got a condition. :redface:

Really think about that statement in bold. I bought the LGT with the desire to have a family vehicle with some good pickup on demand. The LGT is exactly that. However, stock power was not enough and I was quickly stage 1. That did not last long either and quickly made it to stage 2. Well, satisfaction with stage 2 did not last long either and I straightway began gathering and installing the parts to accompany a turbo upgrade. Now after thousands of dollars already spent worth of parts and a few more months, my LGT will be a 400+ WHP (depending on how far I push it) family vehicle. Do you really want this to happen to you? :eek: Many here can attest to my condition.

BTW, I think I remember seeing stage 1 tunes anywhere from the 210-230 whp range but don't take my word for it. I've got a condition. :redface:

OK, OK i see what you mean. I told myself i wasn't going to upgrade anything power wise. I have done some cosmetic mods and that is fine for me. I have read in more than one thread that people caught "the bug" and haven't stopped. I dont think i have the resources to support my desires right now. I will just be satisfied with what i have ;) Besides, even when stock, we still drive one of the sexiest cars on the road :lol:

. I thought i was fine with the stock power, but i think i want more now.

You do realize how silly that sounds right? You were totally fine with the stock power till you read something on a forum.

YOUR BUTT DYNO HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL FOOLIO!:lol:

Get a VagCom cable from Ebay for $15. Contact Infamous1 and get a stage1 tune for $200.

GET A STAGE 1 TUNE.

Why? Because it corrects some issues with the factory tune, delivers power more smoothly, makes the car more driveable and is all around a better than OEM tune both for you and the car.

Drive your otherwise stock car happily. Realize that the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 is smaller than the difference between stage 0 and stage 1. Enjoy your stage 1.

Archived