LegacyGT.com

25mm fsb/rsb

Jordan

If I only used this for DD purposes, the stock FSB/25 RSB could be fun/usable, but I wouldn't use it for road course track day. I could see it being useful for AutoX with alot of tight turns, but I think SCCA puts you in a different class if you upgrade the RSB.

Update on the 22/25 combo: I had a track day @ Buttonwillow Raceway 2 weeks ago, and the 22f/25r paired with 6k/8k springs felt pretty good. There were alot of connected late apex turns into tight roads, so I really appreciated the quick turn in. The rear was more mobile, but never whipped around too much / was pretty easy to catch. That really made it easier to pitch the car into the 45-75mph corners.

The only corner where I felt the car could be a lil tail happy was another late apex turn going 90 over a high burm into a tight straight w/o much runoff. Could also be because it was my first time at that track, and didn't feel comfortable doing a highspeed slide. Lookin forward to going back tho to try a few things.

^^^^Thanks for the reply. Not worried about the AutoX class as I already have Koni adjustable Shocks and ION springs with the Offset Caster bushings in the front. I may have to start with the RSB on full soft and see where that takes me.

I am thinking of doing a RR this year but not sure, so a FSB maybe in order.

Curious to know how much the 6/8k combo attributed to that with that larger bar and how much more planted in the same scenario if using the same spring rates f/r?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

If it were 8k/6k with a 22f/25r, the car will push more than a 6k/8k with 25f/22r.

I would expect that an 8k/8k with 22f/25r would be slight understeer with throttle oversteer.

I think which is "more planted" depends on the type of turns. For a track like Thunderhill or Infineon where there are more wide/sweeping turns that are higher speed, I would prefer the slight push.

For a tighter course like Buttonwillow, there's not much room to go sideways for very long, so the alternative 6k/8k 22/25 would be better.

Archived