LegacyGT.com

SoCal Fun Run pics (video included)

BOXRPWR

Looked like a great run. Too bad I missed it. I've done a portion of this route before. I usually take a nice cruise on Cajalco Road from the 15, find my way to Hemet on the 74, and WOT through Garner Valley. I agree with an earlier post - 243 is pretty freaky in some places. Maybe next time...

Very sorry I didn't show. I didn't get to bed until 3:15am after playing in the band friday night. and then I had to play from 9:00 pm until 1:00 am on saturday night. I just felt it would not be a good idea to go out and play on those roads with four hours of sleep. maybe the next drive will be on a weekeknd when my band is not playing.

Who is this BOXRPWR guy and what has he done with Landshark?!?:confused:

Yeah, kinda weird, huh. I'm LandShark by day (logged in at work) and BOXRPWR by night (logged in at home). When I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, I could not remember my password. And when I requested it, it got e-mailed to my work address where I first registered from. I can't access my work e-mail from home. So I just did the easy thing and signed-up again as BOXRPWR. I figured most people who know me as LandShark could make the connection given my Avatar, right? :p

No mention of the GC's shredding through the twisties? :(

It was really good to meet you all. I had a great time. Sign me up for the next one.

Thanks Dale!

http://www.6040.org/images/run_4_16_05_1.jpg

http://www.6040.org/images/run_4_16_05_2.jpg

http://www.6040.org/images/brian_frank.jpg

Great shots! nice camera, must be 4M pix or better.

Showing my Subie ignorance here....but what's a GC?

Is that a model/year designator like the BL/BP for the new Legacy?

What years was the GC made?

GC8 is the car that subaru replaced it's WRC legacy with back in 93, GC8 is the Japanase Chasis designation for the first Impreza turbo's, back in 93 when the first Gen WRX/STi Ver I was put into production, in the states the "GC" was the impreza L which was offered with FWD, later RWD and in 96 AWD became standard, in 1997 subaru decided to spice up it's car line up with the Impreza 2.5RS (Rally Sport) which was labeled as a 98 model, and it was offered with a DOHC and MAF based, that chasis code was labeled (here in the states, the japanese production cars did not change) as the GM6 for the coupe, and four door GM8, from there in 99 Subaru changed the DOHC EJ25 to a SOHC MAF based car due to poor performance at higher RPM's, and in 00 - 01 (01 being the last year the best looking impreza was built) were changed from MAF to MAP based cars keeping the SOHC EJ25, all impreza models were labeled as GM6 for coupes, and GM8 for sedans, only 14,545 models produced in the whole four years of production for the GM6/8 impreza in the US, which in my opinion makes it a very rare car, not to mention a great looking and that, besides the 22b and the Ver4, 5, 6 of course

Awe man...I had the only WRX wgn and I'm not in any pic :cool:

The weekend of the 30th I have a wedding to go to, the weekend after I have visitors, after that I am wide open for another run :D

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Video clip link: http://www.streamload.com/BOXRPWR

This is my first time trying to host a digital video clip. I think I figured it all out but only time will tell. Please reply after you watch it (hopefully) and let me know that it worked.

The video is just under 5 minutes and a little over 18 MB so it will take forever to load by dial-up.

Enjoy!

Worked great Kevin! The beginning had a snippet of your dyno run, and the end had a snippet of some football game! It's too bad you didn't push it while you were filming. I was thinking to myself... come on, give it just a little more throttle... :p

For the next run, we definitely need to film more stuff in-car. When I get my car I'm probably going to get an in-car mount like this one here: http://www.stickypod.com/.

-ben

Thanks! Good to know it worked. This Internet stuff is pretty cool.

Yea, I taped over my dyno run at HarmanMotive by accident. And the end showed a few seconds of this past Rose Bowl in Pasadena where my beloved Texas Longhorns held off the pesky Michigan Wolverines. (sorry, I see you're an Aggie fan. well, nobody's perfect).

I do wish that I would have had the tape running during our spirited sprint back up 74 after the group photo. But those speeds and g-forces, not to mention frequent gear shifts, required 2 free hands. I also thought about a camera mount after the fact. That would make a really cool trick. Then I could do some shifting and let the lovely sounds of stage 2 power come though. It was tricky driving while taping!

sorry bout that. now that we've experienced this once, there are lots of things i'd like to do differently the next time.

I'd like to do more driveby shots of the whole line of Subies but pick a few choice turns to setup the camera shot. It would also be cool to take a shot with all the drivers next to their honies.

I hope we get to do it again soon, perhaps in the summer around July 4th.

linky no worky for me...

sorry, been messing around with my Streamload account. please try again. you should see a file named SoCal Fun Run video.001 Just hit the PLAY button and it should download and play automatically. It is just over 18 MB file so if you're doing it by modem it might take several minutes to load before it plays.

if it don't work now...I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived