LegacyGT.com

- Front Mount Intercooler question....

- - I am seriously thinking of doing a front mount on my 05 lgt. What year of the wrx fits(If any)? I know there has to be a cheaper way that paying a grand for an aftermarket made for the lgt.

I hear FMIC for the LGT are frequently found by USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-install-131072.html?t=131072&highlight=racerx+fmic

PM ItsMe and tell him you want an FMIC. They are around $750 if memory serves. I have one and have seen 4 others in LGT so far.

The X02 fits with a little effort but is cheap. You can also find a walkthough for the racerX by searching racerx+install.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-install-131072.html?t=131072&highlight=racerx+install

MSprank has some experience with both kits. ItsMe designed both kits. They can answer any questions you have about the kits.

I suggest you get a RacerX because it can be installed with OEM-like fitment.

Good luck. Seriously, SEARCH FUNCTION! I read 1000s of posts (really!!) before I ever posted. The value of this forum is not only the community but the 6 years of 4th gen experience that is compiled here. Read, read, read.

You've got options. But for OEM-like fit and installation, choose a TMIC and LGT-flanged turbo.

Lots of swearing can be avoided.

Possibly an STI manifold/tmic swap, which would also have OEM fitment, but would come with more swearing and even more lots of parts sourcing.

I've got an XO2, which fits very well, but required significant modifications (the car and the kit) to achieve OEM-like fit (it is possible). I briefly considered the new FMIC, but don't see huge benefits for me. Now, if project number 3 is a FMIC with a flipped manifold? Sign me up.

Archived