LegacyGT.com

GT Full front cover?

Mungo

I've found the "front end cover full" for the non-turbo Legacy wagon, but not the Legacy GT. Is there one out there I'm not finding?

This is a link to the product - http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=531

My front bumper already has taken rock/debris damage. I want to protect for the future, and also not have to look at what has already happened. AND not spend a fortune achieving all of this. This certainly appears one way to go.

Here ya go....

http://subaru.autowebaccessories.com/store/legacy-outback-front-end-cover-prod181_594_5022.php

I ordered a full front cover and momo shifter from these guys just a few days ago. I plan on getting a sub/amp and possibly a short-throw shifter from them. You can either select the outback or 2.5i/2.5i ltd. I'm sure it is the same for the GT.

Please let me know how it works out (functionally, and cosmetically) when it arrives.

Yep will do, should be getting it next week or the week after. I'm not to sure if I am going to like the looks of it, but I do a ton of highway driving and I can't stand all the bug guts. Plus the small stones that get kicked up.

Does anyone know if the front covers ruin the paint?

Probably something about how they may block air from being directed to the scoop. They make a GT and non-GT bug deflector too.

Something important to remember about the nose bras is that they are not supposed to be on the car all the time. Dirt and leaves and all kinds of stuff get under them and rub the paint and they do have the potential to cause some serious damage. I am all for having a nose bra for long road trips or even track time, but just remember that you need to take it off when you are done. Never wash the car with the bra on. In fact, I would take it off even if it is going to rain. You aren't going to get many bug splatters while its raining anyway. With the fragile nature of the Legacy paint I wouldn't advice letting a bra stay on the car for very long. Check out the paint carefully the first time you take it off and see if there is any damage. The longer you leave it on the more chance you have of messing stuff up. That isn't to say that you can't have it on for a few days without ruining your paint, but I do stand by my recomendation not to ever wash the car with a nose cover on and don't drive in the rain with one. Keep the bra dry at all costs and your limit the chances of it causing damage. Take it off and keep it clean and your chances decrease even more.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Probably something about how they may block air from being directed to the scoop. They make a GT and non-GT bug deflector too.

Something important to remember about the nose bras is that they are not supposed to be on the car all the time. Dirt and leaves and all kinds of stuff get under them and rub the paint and they do have the potential to cause some serious damage. I am all for having a nose bra for long road trips or even track time, but just remember that you need to take it off when you are done. Never wash the car with the bra on. In fact, I would take it off even if it is going to rain. You aren't going to get many bug splatters while its raining anyway. With the fragile nature of the Legacy paint I wouldn't advice letting a bra stay on the car for very long. Check out the paint carefully the first time you take it off and see if there is any damage. The longer you leave it on the more chance you have of messing stuff up. That isn't to say that you can't have it on for a few days without ruining your paint, but I do stand by my recomendation not to ever wash the car with a nose cover on and don't drive in the rain with one. Keep the bra dry at all costs and your limit the chances of it causing damage. Take it off and keep it clean and your chances decrease even more.

Damn..I wish I would have known all this before I oredred it. I am planning on using it all summer and then take it off in the fall. I drive 85 miles each way to work and most of it is on the highway. The Altima I had was littered w/ bug guts and paint chipped off because of it. I really didn't want to see it happen to my Legacy, so I got the bra. My dad bought a 05 RSX Type S just before I got my car and he had a bra put on it and I know for a fact he washed it with it on and there hasn't been anything noticeable. I just don't think most people take something like that on and off for each car wash. I have heard though that after a long time, it may fade the paint.

I have heard though that after a long time, it may fade the paint.

i think it's the other way around -- that the paint on the rest of the car fades overtime -- and the paint under the bra does not fade. So when you take it off you can see exactly where the bra had been.

While i've heard bra's can cause problems, i've known a few people who had them and never experienced any negative effects from them. Scratched paint, etc..

Personally though, i 'm not a fan of how they look on any car.

i think it's the other way around -- that the paint on the rest of the car fades overtime -- and the paint under the bra does not fade. So when you take it off you can see exactly where the bra had been.

Um..yeah..that's what I meant.

Yeah, they don't score high in the looks dept, but for the summer I will deal w/ it.

The thing you have to remember is that there are some bugs that are so highly acidic that you can't get them cleaned off fast enough. They smack your paint and start to sizzle and eat through it. Having a bra on the front may not be attractive, but its more attractive than ruining your paint on a road trip.

The clear bras are a good option, but they are usually about 5 times more expensive than the black bras. Add to the fact that you can't take them off and you can't do much for the scratches and swirls that they get and it bumps them off the list of things I will probably purchase. I like being able to change the appearance of my paint with different products and I can't do that with a clear bra on. They are great protection and most people won't even notice that they are on, but I would notice on my car and it would drive me nuts. Therefore, until I get a full front cover for my car, I'll probably not be going on any long road trips.

You aren't guaranteed problems if you use the bra. You are only guranteed problems if you don't take care of it. Take it off once in awhile and keep it clean and dry and you won't have problems.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived