LegacyGT.com

Swaybars now what...

LegacyFuture

So when I upgraded my tires to Continental ExtremeContact DWS, it started feeling way too soft and the side walls too thin... so instead of changing the tires back...

I installed rallitek front/rear swaybars/endlinks. Body roll is almost gone, on normal turns and normal driving. However, that bouncy feeling is still there with these tires/suspension. What is your opinion? Keep upgrading suspension or tires?

And which tires are nice and stiff, good side wall? but still comfortable.

Thanks!

springs are good but theses bushings go out at around 30k on the car. once you get them pressed in by a shop they just bolt back in. you might have to get a alinment on the car after. If you have a shop in mind and they can do it that day then it will only be 1 day to get everything done.

Run your DWS at 40psi. They have soft sidewalls, but at 40psi are just perfect.

This will def help with the tires. I'm not sure about 40psi, but I ran mine around 38f/36r.

Secondly, I'd recommend struts and/or springs over LCA bushings. The float/bounce you feel is the lousy struts that come stock on the LGT. First mods I did to my LGT were rear sway bar and struts/springs.

My $0.02

This will def help with the tires. I'm not sure about 40psi, but I ran mine around 38f/36r.

Secondly, I'd recommend struts and/or springs over LCA bushings. The float/bounce you feel is the lousy struts that come stock on the LGT. First mods I did to my LGT were rear sway bar and struts/springs.

My $0.02

does it get rid of that wobble feeling at 40psi?

Side-to-side wobble could be the tire pressure (soft sidewalls or under inflated) or it could be the LCA's. Tire pressure is free and easy to play with, LCA's are not.

Floating, bouncing, dive and squat are from poor dampening of the stock struts.

Disclaimer: I'm no suspension expert, just commenting on what I've tried.

Side-to-side wobble could be the tire pressure (soft sidewalls or under inflated) or it could be the LCA's. Tire pressure is free and easy to play with, LCA's are not.

Floating, bouncing, dive and squat are from poor dampening of the stock struts.

Disclaimer: I'm no suspension expert, just commenting on what I've tried.

struts cost a fortune

You're right, struts aren't cheap. Try springs with stock struts, some have been doing this for 100k miles and like their setups.

Meantime, keep an eye on the classifieds or start a wtb thread for struts. I got used JDM Bilsteins with Swift springs, fully assembled, for $550 shipped 2 years ago. Track season is here, some will be upgrading to coilovers (another option).

Archived