LegacyGT.com

Canadian wanting to buy a legacy in the US

isitsuby

Hi All, I am wondering if any Canadian here has had an experience in buying a 2010 Legacy in the US. I would appreciate any experience you can share and any pointers. I am looking for the 2.5i Auto and I see a $3000 difference. Thanks.

Hi All, I am wondering if any Canadian here has had an experience in buying a 2010 Legacy in the US. I would appreciate any experience you can share and any pointers. I am looking for the 2.5i Auto and I see a $3000 difference. Thanks.

Got my 2.5i Limited from Subaru of Keene in New Hampshire back in September 09. Saved a cool $ 6000.00 Cdn.

Call them and ask to speak to Mark Carey.

Got back in Quebec on Friday and the car was inspected and registered in Quebec on Monday.

Absolutely NO hassle...

Here's the feedback I left on their website.

Dear Mark,

I must admit that the buying experience has been perfect. My 2010 Legacy is already registered in Quebec and I have my license plate. The importing process was a child's play since all the documents were well prepared by Subaru of Keene. I worried too much for nothing!

I got at the American border at 13h00 on Friday and all the paperwork was already there, so the border officer validated my ID and said ' Have a nice trip home '. I then proceeded to the Canadian border where they checked the U.S Transport compliance sticker on the car. The officer then looked at the car title and sale receipt to calculate the 5% TPS. I then paid the $ 220.00 RIV fees and that was it !!!

I got back at home at 15h30 Friday. The next step was real easy. I faxed the "Recall Clearance Certificate" you provided to the RIV on Saturday morning and guess what...They emailed me the inspection form on Sunday morning! All I had to do was to go to my local Canadian Tire store to have the inspection done. It was a 5 minutes thing.

Final step was to go get my Quebec license plate with the completed inspection form. They checked all the documents, calculated the provincial tax to pay and VOILA...They issued the immatriculation plate. All that's pending in the process is to get the Transport Canada compliance sticker and place it next to the U.S. one on the car. The RIV already send me an email telling that the sticker is in the mail. So the hole process could not be easier.

Thanks a lot for this fantastic buying experience !!! I saved thousands of dollars and had a great time doing it!

Regards.

Rene Bolduc

Archived