LegacyGT.com

Bad gas at shell or is it just me?

black318i

Wpmarky I think it's just this one location. I filled up at another local shell and my car ran pretty good. I might try a third shell location to see hat happens. I have been tuning my car exclusively on shell gas. It just seem that the issues came up right after filling up at this particular location after 7 eleven took it over. They still sell shell gas and I would think all gas would be the same within the same brand and area.:confused: GoSix was you care tuned on Safeway gas?

Most likely. All that matters is that I exclusively use 91 octane. Base gas is a freely traded commodity, without brand names. The only difference is what additives the various brands put in the gas after they purchased it from the same sources. And those are mostly detergents and crap, not performance boosters.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

i wish i could find the pic i took but i cant... i once saw a chevron truck filling the tanks at the safeway by my house. just goes to show where the gas comes from.

if anything, they are probably just selling lower octane gas.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Yeah I figured maybe the just got a bad shipment. I waited a could weeks to go back and had the same result. Maybe they are still on the same shipment? Anyway I have many options for gas in that area. I'll just avoid them. I was just curious to see what other have experienced with gas at that location.

its probably a bad blending method. the way stations do it is by getting two kinds of gas, one of a high octane and one of a low octane and mixing them at the pump to produce the 3 difference kinds of gas they sell.

if the blend is off you get shit gas.

actually i beleive they keep like 85 and 97 octane, and do it using out of state octane corrections.

CA gas is crap and uses a different calculation method than other states... i beleive that aside from specialty gas (see: race gas) that all gas in the US is one of two kinds: crappy 85 octane and higher quality 97 (in standard correction, not CA correction).

i've used shell and it suck ass now and before the nitrogen thing i dont know if that nitrogen even helps cuz it still doesnt run good as 76 or cheveron. i still do put shell when im really in need but other then that i dont.

Archived