LegacyGT.com

Looking for an 05-06 and 07-09 LGT to tune

The current state of OS basically came from ECUTek. The only thing ECUTek has over OS, is a licensing fee.

And it alters the hand-shaking with the ecu so nothing and no-one else can unlock it. Except an Ecutek dealer, which are few and far between.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

And good luck calling support if you need it... they are on the other side of the planet and are sleeping if you need them.

Also, I don't think they ever figured out their buggy WGDC tables for the 05-06 LGT.

Ecutek - The Flashed and The Furious

My '05 LGT

The current state of OS basically came from ECUTek. The only thing ECUTek has over OS, is a licensing fee.

You are correct, OS was born and INSTANTLY had all the same maps as EcuTeK, which took EcuTeK years to discover. Very convenient don't you think...

There are many things I could say about OS, but there is no need, I do not support it but if you wish to use it, by all means do so, it works. It allows you to tune your own vehicle and be a tuner yourself.

And it alters the hand-shaking with the ecu so nothing and no-one else can unlock it. Except an Ecutek dealer, which are few and far between.

Incorrect... This was resolved more than 4 years ago, back in 2006. When you purchase the EasyECU, you will also be able to obtain from your tuner the OEM map that comes on your vehicle. In doing so, this allows you to reflash the ECU back to the original configuration with no locking mechanisms.

And good luck calling support if you need it... they are on the other side of the planet and are sleeping if you need them.

Also, I don't think they ever figured out their buggy WGDC tables for the 05-06 LGT.

Incorrect... We receive emails responses within a couple hours at all times of the day (even when they are asleep, or suppose to be :) ). It might be easier to speak with your tuner, rather than trying to call the UK ;)

they weren't buggy... they were missing a whole table

Incorrect... There was never a problem, I believe whoever stated this must have misunderstood the tuning on a Legacy GT 05-06. They are a little different compared to an STI in regards to compensation maps that controlled the WGDC but that was about it. Maybe that person you speak of overlooked these tables. We have tuned many 05-06 Legacy GT's as far back as the day they showed up on the lot and never had an issue with tuning WGDC.

I stand corrected, sir. That is soooo much better.

So, OP, what is your rationale for tuning with Ecutek?

In regards to reasons we use EcuTeK:

1. The support from EcuTeK is excellent and has only improved over the years
  2. The software is extremely reliable and easy to use in the hands of a competent tuner
  3. The ECU is locked for reason 1 - to protect the customer from blowing up their own vehicle. We take pin out of the customers hands so we can develop a reliable, powerful and fun vehicle for the customer
  4. The ECU is locked for reason 2 - because we value our intellectual property for good reason, we understand how to create reliable and powerful maps (Ken Block Gymkhana 1, created via EcuTeK)
  5. We can tune via the internet internationally, while knowing we have the support of EcuTeK. This is something we do almost daily as a solution for customers that have no tuners nearby
  6. The DeltaDash datalogging system is definitely one of the best for an OEM ECU on the market and it makes our job a million times easier when tuning vehicles locally or internationally.
  7. We can offer, on the fly, full map switching capabilities, not available on any other system (in beta testing right now and working extremely well). Just another reason why customers love this system
  8. We can offer flat foot shifting, auto-blip, launch control, anti-lag, speed-density, per gear boost control per switchable map, and more to come. Just more reasons why it is a great system…
  9. We have been using it for 10 years now, and it is the oldest Subaru tuning software on the market and with that we receive experience from educated professionals around the world.

From a tuners perspective it is a great system and for local or international customers it is a great way to have your vehicle tuned at your home with only the need for a laptop. With the OS system, if you currently use it, awesome than you already know how to tune and really have no need to post in this thread.

If anyone prefers to ask any more questions about software applications, I would suggest that you PM us, as this has sent the thread off topic and I would prefer to hear more about your stutter.

Looked at your thread and would like to understand more about your particular problem as it seems there are a couple variations of this stutter.

^^ Great response! Sounds like you really know your stuff and sounds like perhaps my bad ordeal 3 years ago is not the norm. Thanks for all the info. Believe it or not your info is the first GOOD info I've heard about Ecutek for LGT's in years. It's great for Cobb to have some competition.

My '05 LGT

Incorrect... This was resolved more than 4 years ago, back in 2006. When you purchase the EasyECU, you will also be able to obtain from your tuner the OEM map that comes on your vehicle. In doing so, this allows you to reflash the ECU back to the original configuration with no locking mechanisms.

I've had 15-20 customers in the last few months try to get a tune, but could not because they had an ECUTek tune previously. These people had no software, or were ever told they needed it (not that the software would have helped without a cable). Their ECU's were locked out just like a COBB one would be. The ECUTek tuner has closed shop long ago. They're pretty much SOL.

Incorrect... There was never a problem, I believe whoever stated this must have misunderstood the tuning on a Legacy GT 05-06. They are a little different compared to an STI in regards to compensation maps that controlled the WGDC but that was about it. Maybe that person you speak of overlooked these tables. We have tuned many 05-06 Legacy GT's as far back as the day they showed up on the lot and never had an issue with tuning WGDC.

The "Alternate Wastegate Duty Cycle" table was (and still may be) missing from ECUTek software.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I wanna add to this that the similarities between the two are uncanny and I don't support plagiarism or pirating. BUT, OS has come to a point of no return. It's here. It's not gonna go away. Unless ECUTek can figure out how to do what COBB does, for much less, ECUTek will always be second to OS.

Now if OS develops live tuning, COBB will be in the gutter too. But since rumor has it that COBB hired one the biggest OS developers for themselves, I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I wanna add to this that the similarities between the two are uncanny and I don't support plagiarism or pirating. BUT, OS has come to a point of no return. It's here. It's not gonna go away. Unless ECUTek can figure out how to do what COBB does, for much less, ECUTek will always be second to OS.

Now if OS develops live tuning, COBB will be in the gutter too. But since rumor has it that COBB hired one the biggest OS developers for themselves, I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon.

As I stated before this is off topic and if you wish to proceed with a further discussion about software differences we would be more than willing to discuss it over PM's.

Once again, I would like to hear more about your studder, stutter. If you would prefer not to speak about it, than please just keep to the topics at hand.

Looked at your thread and would like to understand more about your particular problem as it seems there are a couple variations of this stutter.

I can swing my car by and we can see if it will stutter. I believe it is more detectible on 5EAT's and happens all the time around 2800rpm or so.

I am up in Oceanside every weekend and I've been to your guys shop a few times and talked with you guys before. I'm not even sure if I understand what the stutter may be exactly because maybe mine is just a period of building boost or something but like I said I'd gladly come swing by so you can log the car.

car's mods:

cat-back exhaust

K&N panel filter

I can swing my car by and we can see if it will stutter. I believe it is more detectible on 5EAT's and happens all the time around 2800rpm or so.

I am up in Oceanside every weekend and I've been to your guys shop a few times and talked with you guys before. I'm not even sure if I understand what the stutter may be exactly because maybe mine is just a period of building boost or something but like I said I'd gladly come swing by so you can log the car.

car's mods:

cat-back exhaust

K&N panel filter

Yes, please drop by some time. Give us a ring before you drop by so we can make sure to have some time set aside to go over the vehicle with you and understand this stutter people are speaking about a little more.

Thank you for your response,

Team Crawford

Archived