LegacyGT.com

Autocross Suspension Setup

You-Suk

Here's my best run from last weekend.

And here's two weeks ago.

I've learned a lot from others since this event. I was doing some funky things with my hands due to the tight course and 15:1 steering ratio.

Boxkita thanks for the links!

having watched this i'd say you are not looking ahead very well. you miss so many opportunities to apply power earlier and then you over cook the turns in other areas which throw off your line.

other than the alignment/tire pressure advice and stiffer springs, take and EVO school if they come by your neck of the woods. the nut behind the wheel needs some major tightening.

on a side note, taking video is a great way to learn, but your camera position is bad. try to mount outside the car on the roof pointed towards the nose of the car in order to see car/cone spacing. its one of the easiest wasy to see how good your line is. here is an old vid of mine with the camera angle im talking about. -

$200 just for the app. Not cheap!

Thanks for all the pro tips guys. I'll be heading to my local performance alignment shop with the intentions of maxing negative camber, adding positive caster, and adding a hair of toe out. This is not my daily vehicle, so I'm not worried about some scrub. My goals are eventually RCE tarmacs with race springs, chassis bracing, ALK, and 245-40R18 RE71R.

Also it goes without saying, I'm working on improving driving style with each event.

Archived