LegacyGT.com

DP post install questions

hubiturcokov

Well i just finished the install of a ERZ/CRT dp. The install or should i say deinstall took about 11hrs w/ 2 ppl:mad:. Car has about 80k miles and we had to cut 4 bolts and remove the wiring of the o2 sensor as it wouldnt come out.

Which leads to my questions:

How long can i drive without the o2 sensor installed

where can i get a replacement and for how much

How long can i drive w/o the heatsheild installed

where can i get a replacement and for how much

Wow, east coast car I guess. I take it the PB blaster did not work... Couple of quick questions:

Did you replace your UP with a catless up? You need you. What heatshield are you driving without? I hope you got a tune because you've gotta have it with a DP install. If you want a cheap used o2 sensor check the F/S threads or post in the WTB section. You can also check NASIOC. Otherwise I am sure any local dealer will have it in stock.

heatshield is the one that was on the DP by the turbo

ERZ DP do not come with holes for putting on that heat shield. Even if it did, it is SO MUCH BIGGER than oem the shield would not fit. Did you get your turbo heatshield back on? It can be trimmed and put back on... Anyway, if you watched the before and after you noticed that the ERZ DP is a lot further away from the firewall and everything else than the OEM. Probably nothing to worry about.

ERZ DP is a great product. Sorry your install was a pain. Your AP is your tune ;D

thanks for the info... i thought the heatsheild for the turbo (the one i trimmed) was to protect other parts from the turbo. Yep i know my AP is the tune. Do i need the O2 sensor or can i just plug the hole in the ERZ pipe?

I also cut the exhaust bracket where the OEM pipe was mounted... think tis will cause a problem?

I also cut the exhaust bracket where the OEM pipe was mounted... think tis will cause a problem?

Only if you try to rehand a OEM pipe there :lol: I am pretty sure you need 2 o2 sensors. One in your collector/header/exhaust manifold and one in your DP/exhaust.

This o2 sensor is driving me crazy. today i bought a crow foot 22mm o2 sensor removal tool for use with my 500ft/lb impact wrench. It still wouldnt budge... anyone know if a shop would be able to get it out or a site with a replacement (part#). Pepboys said the replacement for the downstream o2 sensor (bosch) is special order and would be $160. I dont like that deal. Also, now the damn CEL and Cruise feature is on...blah

Ok well i finally got the o2 sensor out... well actually a buddy of mine who owns a small shop did. He just heated the pipe and used a giant breaker bar on a vise. We reinstalled the o2 sensor but i still get the CEL P0037... i reflashed with cobb AP and we will see in the morning. Anyone have any ideas?

Archived