LegacyGT.com

Possible Trade:My STi pinks for Spec B Springs

sic GT

Considering a trade for some good Spec B springs for my Sti Pinks. The kicker is I need somebody who can help or even do the swap from my car i.e. remove the STi pinks from my car and install the Spec B springs.

Recently moved from CA to Cleveland for school and I have roughly another year commitment here and want a softer ride for the less than sprectacular roads around here.

Providing somebody is competent enough to do the swap and is in the Cleveland area I will let the Sti's go for exchange of the swap. It's a longshot but figure it was worth getting the "gauging interest" out.

The Pink have about 27K on them and are in good shape with no defects. There is some undercoating spay on them from having my car rustproofed a few months back.

Let me know

I think the Spec B springs are a bit stiffer but not to the level of STi pinks (guess that's obvious). In my opinion I am starting to think the Rev C Bilsteins are underdamped for the Pinks but I am coming from CA to Cleve. where the roads are generally worse. i only have like 30K miles on my bilsteins so doubt they are just worn at this point.

I have spec b springs i can ship out to you. and id gladly take the pinks plus $ of course. My springs are already out of my car. So i can send them to you and you just send my yours after the swap. I will want a security deposit thou. about 50Kmi on em.

BUT Spec b springs are nothing special. I have H-techs right now and it feels so much better alittle rougher but better.

Thanks but I'm looking to do a direct trade and more importantly find somebody local who might be able to do the swap in exhange for the STi pinks for free or rather as payment for performing the swap (see initial post). I will let you know if anything changes.

I understand that with springs/ suspension mods that everything is a give and take in terms of a sacrifice here for a gain there. At this point my car feels like it is pogo sticking around with these springs and just want a smoother ride overall but the drop is nice and the car has a good visual stance.

Any comments on Rev C Bilsteins being slightly underdamped for Sti pinks?

JDM GT Rev.C

This is the current JDM GT and JDM 3.0R setup, present on Rev.D cars as well. Also used on 2006-2007 USDM SpecB (not sure about 2008 yet). These are noticeably softer than any other revisions. Give nice and controlled and oscillation free ride, but they are more on the comfort than performance side. There were complaints that these do not handle stiffer springs (Pinks) very well and feel bit underdampened. I can believe this as in certain high speed situations these did not feel as secure as other revisions.

Part numbers: 20310AG400 (front right), 20310AG410 (front left), 20365AG260 (rear)

Archived