LegacyGT.com

Need some ideas

Kodax

Hey guys,

Recently, I bought a 3.0R (not the limited version) and currently everything on my car is stocked. However, I have been pushing my car to the limit and I realize that it seems to be lacking something. So I was wondering can you guys give me any ideas to upgrade my brakes or my suspension? I am looking around spending $1000 for either the brakes or the suspension.

Reading a lot more and doing some searches is a great place to start. Everyone has an opinion, likes, dislikes and taste. There is not one right way to setup your suspension - just try to learn from others and figure out what you want from that. adjustable sways and coilovers will give you a lot of adjustability for $1500ish

Wheels/tires *try 8" of tread instead of 7" for serious traction, better yet 8.5

Consider swaybars to reduce body roll

Struts and springs would be the next step

Hawk HPS Brakes and Amsoil brake fluid

I am running Hawk HPS and am happy with the difference but it is not a substitude for a big brake kit, merely a more appropriate brake for the car compared to the crap oem pads

$1000 is a relatively small budget.

What I would do is start with sway bars, endlinks, and rear reinforcement brackets and a set of HPS or HP+ pads, I'm not sure the 3.0R has the same size rotors as the LGT, so if they aren't the same size, I'd look for a set of LGT take-off rotors/calipers. SS Lines too.

That with the labor should get you to close to $1000.

Tires are also a good idea. Dunlop D1 Star Specs are a great summer tire that will really make a big difference.

After that I'd look at Koni Inserts, Group N Top mounts, and Springs (Eibach for a softer ride, STi Pinks for a stiffer ride).

Once all that is done, you can move onto poly bushings, steering rack bushings, roll center kit, and other chassis bushing replacements.

-mike

Thanks for the information guys.

I think I might go with the swaybars first, I am very worried about my car flipping over when I turn it. :lol:

I have another question, where do you guys usually purchase these parts? I was thinking of asking a Subaru dealership for these items.

Mike, details on the rear reinforcement brackets? Is that the AVO sway bar support bracket?

Kodax, you could always get a set of these and solve all of your handling woes: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/enduratech-coilover-group-buy-133897.html?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived