LegacyGT.com

Fuel Mileage / Granny Driving epilog

Before I hade a Civic Lx 5sp. NJ to Boston (~230miles) half tank of gas wich is over 40 miles per gallon- WOW. Now it's different, very very different. BUT WHO CARES!!!!! You people cry and beotch. Do you homework BEFORE you buy a new car!! My comrades pay 2-3 times for for gas in Europe.

Wipe thouse tears and enjoy! Or trade it ;-) At the same time I do belive that Subaru can improve efficency of their engines (Accord V6- 240hp 22-30m/g).

Since I finished break-in I have been getting 16.25 MPG (14.5L/100km) with my 5MT sedan.

I can't imagine how anyone can have the restraint to get 25 MPG in a car like this.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Subaru's fuel efficiency. I bought the car in part because it's AWD and in part because you can really feel it when you accelerate: it whips your head back and pins you to the seat when you floor it. So the Accord V-6 gets 20-30 MPG. So what? The Accord V-6 didn't whip my head back. The Accord V-6 isn't AWD. (The AWD Infiniti and Volvo sedans didn't pin me to my seat like the Legacy, either). IMO you have to burn a fair amount of fuel to generate the torque to accelerate an AWD vehicle with the kind of urgency you get from the Legacy GT. Far as I am concerned I am getting more than three times the fun for less than twice the gas, and that's a good deal in my book.

i have 650 miles on it, and i'm getting 17.4mpg. :(

is the display accurate? its been all city driving, below 4k rpms. i'll have to do an actual calculation next fill up to see if that mpg display isn't borked.

From a relative standpoint, yes (though the relative difference varies :)), from an absolute standpoint, no. The second tab on that spreadsheets shows my variance between actual and displayed mileage.

• 4 months later...
Bump - for those intersted, I've reposted an updated version of my fuel usage tracking adventures (i.e. a dull spreadsheet - I had to spin it). Now with a chart!!

It can be found at: http://www.calvars.com/unilat/auto/menu.htm

Anal knuckleheads enjoy :)

I've updated the spreadsheet (through today) - I've edited the link, for those of you who may have bookmarked it :)

Archived