LegacyGT.com

best struts to go with Cobb springs

Jimmy78

i'm interested in this question as well. tried looking at the koni thread but there are a lot of pages to wade through.

to the op, were you running stock struts with the cobbs? that's what i'm running now. are you replacing because the struts are worn out or to upgrade?

The long and short of the Koni thread....The Koni struts are adjustable and OEM fit the the USDM strut top hats for 2.5i or GTs only. Bilsteins cost more and are none adjustable. Tokicos only work with Spec B or JDM cars due to different top hats. Stock struts are underdampered when mated with most lowering springs. Koni are alot more involved when it comes to the install due to having to hack up the front factory strut body to install the front insert. There currently is a sale on them for 525 shipped but they are on back order(front inserts) due to the demand.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

The long and short of the Koni thread....The Koni struts are adjustable and OEM fit the the USDM strut top hats for 2.5i or GTs only. Bilsteins cost more and are none adjustable. Tokicos only work with Spec B or JDM cars due to different top hats. Stock struts are underdampered when mated with most lowering springs. Koni are alot more involved when it comes to the install due to having to hack up the front factory strut body to install the front insert. There currently is a sale on them for 525 shipped but they are on back order(front inserts) due to the demand.

i did get that much from the thread. but most of the opinions based on the struts were from people using ion springs or stock springs. i didn't see any opinions when used the with the cobb springs. i'm wondering if it'll be ok since the cobb springs were supposedly designed for the stock struts.

• 1 month later...
Tokico HTS not worth it in the end. Too much extra stuff to buy to get them to work like Spec B tophats and saggy butt shims to level the car with USDM springs. Just cheaper to get Koni struts and reuse the stock tophats...I have Koni struts now with Rallitek springs. The Cobb springs should be fairly close to them. There is plenty of adjustable range in the Koni struts to handle most fix perch springs on the market.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

And the install of the Koni "cut-a-strut" front struts really isn't that bad. Take your time and follow the instructions closely, especially the part about how much to cut off the top of the strut (measure twice, cut once!!! :lol:;) ).

They'll be great for the COBB springs!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived