LegacyGT.com

Cleansweep vs. MTX RE-Q

jrb66

Can anybody explain to me the difference between these two? I have read up on several posts regarding the installation and usage of both, but I still cant seem to understand the differences. I know that the stock system distorts the eq of the stock sound, but will both of these take care of that problem?

The MTX gives you an aux. out, doesn't require its own volume adjustment, and is half the price of the cleansweep.

The cleansweep has been proven to work for our cars, comes with JL quality, and doesn't have a tendency to burn out like the MTX.

Maybe the better comparison is the MTX RE-Q5?

I would like to add some nice components, a 4 channel amp, and a digital processor to the current system, but really would like an aux out immediately. Hopefully someone can give me some direction here..

Thanks in advance

I have mtx req 5 , it works great for the price. It's like a hilow adapter and increases signal strenght on RCA to my 4 channel soundstream rubicon 600.4. It also restores the bass to door spks and has 8 volt signal for subs. I don't use the aux because my 07 has Jack already. Running directed 1200rms and 2 directed 12 for bass and work for me. I looked at JL cleensweep which flatens out the bass,mid, treble curve to flat, to clean up sound. To much work in my book. I make my sound adjustment from amp, adjusting high pass filter and frequencies tones. Have a universal PAC bass knob online to raise or lower bass in ash tray hidden. Well I'm happy with mtx product, I work at sound advice for 4 years and cleensweep lost me alot of system sales when they all of a sudden stop working and installers would have to swap out and recalibrate all the time. Mtx has let me down. Just my 2 cents.

For the money mtx wins in my book. There are better Jl, fosgate, alpine, for more mullah. At that point just get thE jdm dask kit and good aftermarket radio. U will need a Subaru reverse and regular radio harness, some speed wire to run to the back to 4 channel and some good components, plus if u like bass, sub amp and subs. If u get I can help u wit wiring in. Not any more complicated than a radio install. Subaru reverse harness a little tricky to find, order online.

Cool let me know, make sure u have both harnesses and some speed wire. Just in case, speed wiring is a thick wire with speaker wire inside for whole system. I know jl, stinger makes it. This will make it a breeze. If not u can use regular spk wire but more cofusing wit install. This way everything is color matching. You don't want to chop up factory wiring. Voids electrical warranties if u cut fact wires. You can even sqeeze req behind radio.

Google or Froogle this XB-BLU9CON-20(speedwire) SU03rb is reverse harness, go to shopping many websites to get from. Shop around for best price. Kmart has it online heres the link. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V001827687000P?vName=Computers%20&%20Electronics&cName=CarElectronics&sName=Accessories&psid=FROOGLE&sid=KDx20070926x00003a

I got mine on amazon. but long time ago. I think you can special order at best buy. Also get the normal subaru radio harness.

Part list

Jl audio XB-BLU9CON-20 this will kill about 1hr of wiring. Or any 16 gauge roll of spk wire is fine(more work)

Regular stock subaru harness for subbies

Scosche Su03rb Reverse Wiring Harness For 1993 & Up Subaru SU03RB

And plz get some crimp caps and crimper. No ghetto install with tape plz . too many wires. tape comes loose wit heat and time.

Once you get everything Pm me and I will help you get it going. A

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone still paying attention:

Is it worth it to put dynamat or something similar in the doors? I have read mixed reviews...

Also, will the crunch 5 channel amp fit in the foam tray or will i have to make something custom? Are there any ways to mount the amp in the trunk so that it gets air but doesn't sacrifice security?

Yes. Definitely put something (Second Skin, Dynamat Xtreme, RAAMmat, etc) in the doors. Makes a noticeable difference on the vibration from lower notes in the door speakers. You don't need to cover the entire door.

BTW, I have the XB-BLU9CON-20 JL wiring (slightly used). Yours for $15 shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some install pics from the weekend.. still need to put in sound deadening and the rear coaxials...

In so far: Crunch 5 Channel Amp, 125x4 + 300x1, MTX re-q5, polk db6501 comps in the front, assorted install parts

It sounds much better than stock and clear throughout the range. I would like to dial the system in a little bit though and could use some help... Anyone have some recommendations on amp/req adjustments?

Thanks to all of those who helped answer my questions

photo(2).thumb.jpg.798733e4cfee6a1277bd110b6261c6c8.jpg

photo(3).thumb.jpg.841b3d5e622fa9f60100b89464f13adf.jpg

photo(4).thumb.jpg.6d6c16b7cf5f64688c4e62709b5e656a.jpg

Archived