LegacyGT.com

Gauge Location Opinion

Blackrose

^ Ah, gotcha.

I've reviewed the thread again, and to be honest, that's probably every option available or possible.

lossol featured his center-cubby trip-computer integrated boost-gauge in that thread, but at the time, he'd yet to do this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vent-boost-gauge-digital-led-bars-numerics-125083.html?t=125083

Really, though, that's not what you're looking for - and in terms of mounting/placement ideas, the formerly cited thread is, to the best of my knowledge, very, very comprehensive.

Similar "show your gauges" threads exist on NASIOC, and you can try there, too, to get more custom-placement ideas.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks you have been a lot of help. I been doing this for a while and have done a bunch of custom fab stuff (example below), but didnt want to waste my time making stuff if it already existed and I could get it at a reasonable price.

1580519618_GaugePod1.thumb.jpg.666cba3f6562faf8a5b4e7608aa6c2fe.jpg

^ No thanks needed, just glad to be of at least some help. :)

To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been any of that type of cluster-bezel/gauge-pod for the LGT. Unfortunately, you might have to fab it up....

But on the plus side - that might open up a possible side-business opportunity, for those who like that setup. :)

The NEXUS and other "full-dial warn" gauges should fare well in such non-direct-line-of-sight setups, allowing the driver to keep the look "clean," while also keeping warning capabilities. The fact that the gauges will be further out of direct sunlight with your proposed setup is a plus, too, given the through-the-dial LED configuration of the NEXUS. I'm using STRI gauge-cups with my oil-pressure/vac-boost/EGT setup, at the A-pillar/dash area, and even then, they tend to bleach-out on brighter days.

----

As an aside, I don't know if you're new to the NEXUS gauges or not..... I've had mine since '05, and I noticed distinct improvements in connectivity after reflashing with their latest firmware. Also, be sure to look-up the NASIOC reference thread I linked to in that thread I originally quoted in post #2 above, which has a copy-paste algorithm for you to use to alter the start-up and shut-down sequences to better match that of our vehicle's gauge-sweep sequence. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Wow sweet info on the nexus gauges. That'd awesome that someone took to time to do all that. I used to sell those gauge pods to people on the Mazda boards so I know all about the potential side business aspect.

Wow sweet info on the nexus gauges. That'd awesome that someone took to time to do all that.

^ +1.

I was - and remain - quite disappointed that AutoMeter has yet to realize all of the promises they made regarding the NEXUS. :mad::(

It was really quite nice that one of our fellow Scooby enthusiasts were able to figure things out for those of us, like me, who are nowhere near as computer-literate. :redface::)

I used to sell those gauge pods to people on the Mazda boards so I know all about the potential side business aspect.

Good stuff! Best of luck! :)

Archived