LegacyGT.com

help...sold 2005 ltd gt and now got 2009

Well clearly you missed this post a few months ago.

05's are the best obviously

In all seriousness I don't think the dealership is going to do anything differently. Unless there is some recall by Subaru regarding the tune or the ECU there isn't much they are going to do. You're best off getting it tuned for stage 1.

Your new car is heavier, has a different turbo, and a different final drive ratio from reading this thread. Those combine to give you a car that isn't the same as your old one, so you can't expect it to be like your old one. Follow the advice and get a stage 1 tune, you'll quickly forget about your old one, lol.

I haven't driven the newest LGT's, but from what I've heard from some other owners and friends who have driven them, the newest cars have pretty linear powerbands stock so they don't feel quite as agressive...

I have heard good things about tuning the newer Leggy's though! Definitely go get a stage 1 map, that will unlock tons of power from what I understand and have heard :)

Try turning off traction control, I believe the 05s do not have it.
Neither did the 06... have traction control IIRC.

Oops one more thing I forgot to mention. Some times driving the car will lug so bad it actually shakes the car a bit if I keep the gas right there. Yes if I step on it a bit more it will downshift and not lug, but I never noticed this once in the 05.

Does anyone else notice how the newer things are (like cars) the less exciting they become?...So why isn't sex with a female like that?

:D

Was boost limited in 1st and 2nd on the 05s like it was on the 08-09? IIRC, the stock tune limited boost to less than 10 lbs in 1st and 2nd on the 08s, but peak in 3-5 was like 13.

Regardless, like everyone else has said, just reflash with stage 1 and enjoy. Be careful not to get hooked on power like I did though. I liked stage 1, but it only lasted a few weeks before I swapped downpipes and went stage 2 :rolleyes:

It's cool; I'm with the band

just flashed stage 1. I haven't drove it enough yet though....gotta wake the wife up and go for a ride. I do have a cobb dp here but waiting on the heat shield then I will be flashing stage 2. Hopefully tomorrow night! thanks everyone. I also can watch my boost, accelerator peddle position, and throttle position and many more to see if I notice anything funny going on. thanks everyone!

Steve

Archived