LegacyGT.com

? for those who have painted their 08+ Legacy Grills

tobey457

Been trudging through countless grill threads, my eyes are crossed, couldn't find the info that I seek, although I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

My plan is to have the outer chrome ring of my grill painted by a bodyshop, was going to drop it off with the tail light chrome trim pieces and have everything color matched. When you get the stock 08 Legacy grill out, is the outer chrome ring easily removable? How is it fastened to the rest of the grill pieces?

I'm hoping it all bolts together, but my fear is that they used the melted post method... don't really want to have it masked and painted if I can take it apart...

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing I have to... tried some gentle manipulation and looks to be fastened where I can't get to the screws? I had the bumper off before when I installed my HIDs, but didn't even look at the grill or how it's attached / configured.

There are screws that fasten the grill to the bumper all the way around. If you are familiar with removing the bumper then that's the way to go.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived