LegacyGT.com

tires brands

Abu3li

Hello guys~

I need some advices about tires brands.

what are the best choices for the stock size 215/45/17?

I'm looking for all season tires, with speed rating H and above,

good for snow. cool "foot print" :)

of course...not making any noise...

Sumitomo HTR ZIII are summer only. They will have no snow traction at all.

You will want to look at any of the categories that have "all-season" in them if snow performance is a concern. I would try not to base your decisions on a "cool foot print". Better to have a tire that works well than to have one that looks "cool".

I would recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They've gotten great reviews across all categories, including snow traction. I put them on my fiance's car and they've been great: very quiet, good grip, though I haven't tested the snow traction. Plus, they're only $110.

Another option is the General Altimax HP. I put them on my fiance's sister's car - quiet and she has reported no snow traction problems. They might not be as sporty as the Continentals, but they're cheaper.

Really? Tirerack.com lists the Continental ExtremeContact DWS as being in-stock, at least in the 215/45-17 size. Have you tried there? Maybe they aren't up to date (but they usually are).

You can try 225/45R17 or 215/45R17.

How much money do you want to spend?

Michelin Pilot A/S Plus

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Bridgestone Potenza RE960 PP

Would be my choices.

Krzys

The RE960 PP are worthless in the snow/ice/slush once the tread is half worn. Incredible tire otherwise.

Supposedly the Conti Extreme Contact DWS are steps above the rest of tires according to tirerack test. I have a 1000 miles on a recent set and I am happy(quiet, decent handling) but have to wait till next winter to see how winter traction is.

The Conti were a bit hard to find. But a great tire shop got me a set of four from 3 different sources and sold them installed at tirerack.com price without even asking.

amm I'm thinking to spend not more than $120/one

are what you listed on that range?

Tires are a safety device, not saying you should spend ~$200/tire on Michelins but you shouldn't just get whatever is cheapest either.

The Continental ExtremeContact DWS are the best for snow traction in your price range.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

The problem is that there are only 3 local tire services here!

so the choices are limited! or I can spiceal order thru them.

one of them gave me a price for the new YOKOHAMA Envigor, $733 inlcuding tax and tires protection plan.

the other one offer to me the YOKOHAMA AS530 for $773 inlcuding tax and tires protection plan. or Fuzion HRi for $98/tire

anyone try Enviogr or AS530??

Are these good offers?

what about the Fuzion HRi?

what about the Fuzion HRi?

The Fuzion are decent tires but a bit noisy. They are Bridgestone value line. I think of them as the performance tires for an old car or on a budget.

Ordering is quite normal as no one stocks much in the 215/225 45R17 size.

The Fuzion are decent tires but a bit noisy. They are Bridgestone value line. I think of them as the performance tires for an old car or on a budget.

Ordering is quite normal as no one stocks much in the 215/225 45R17 size.

I have Fuzion ZRi on the rear, but as you said they are noisy tires!

It seems that I'm thinking about getting the Enviogr, not sure yet :spin:

The problem is that there are only 3 local tire services here!

so the choices are limited!

TireRack is a mail-order company, so just order from them and ship to wherever you want your tires installed. They have a list of recommended installers for your area.

TireRack is a mail-order company, so just order from them and ship to wherever you want your tires installed. They have a list of recommended installers for your area.

what about the tire protection plans?

does TireRack have one? if yes,

How does it work?

Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_xtrcontactdws_ci2_s.jpghttp://www.tirerack.com/images/headers/stars/5.gif

• Size: 215/45ZR17

*** in stock tirerack.com $110 / pc ***

Treadlife Warranty: 6 Years / 50,000 miles

Manufacturer Special Warranty: 60-Day Customer Satisfaction Trial

Additional Information: (1) exchange for another Continental brand tire

The RE960 PP are worthless in the snow/ice/slush once the tread is half worn. Incredible tire otherwise.

Supposedly the Conti Extreme Contact DWS are steps above the rest of tires according to tirerack test. I have a 1000 miles on a recent set and I am happy(quiet, decent handling) but have to wait till next winter to see how winter traction is.

The Conti were a bit hard to find. But a great tire shop got me a set of four from 3 different sources and sold them installed at tirerack.com price without even asking.

Half worn would be what 6/32nd? Even winter tires loose their snow traction around this depth. There is no replacement for tread depth when it applies to snow traction.

Krzys

PS I do not claim that 960s are very good in snow but they are decent. If winter traction is big concern nothing beats dedicated winter tires.

well the 18's are still on back order and there almost out of 17's

Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Ultra High Performance All-Season)http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_xtrcontactdws_ci2_s.jpghttp://www.tirerack.com/images/headers/stars/5.gif"Reviewer's Average Rating" is based on reviews

submitted by customers via our Online Tire Survey.

"N/A" denotes a tire that has not yet received

enough reviews to generate an average rating.8.7Reviewer's

Avg. Rating:

I have Fuzion ZRi on the rear, but as you said they are noisy tires!

It seems that I'm thinking about getting the Enviogr, not sure yet :spin:

Just FYI, you can really damage your AWD if you have different tires(rolling circumference) mounted on a vehicle in make/model/tread depth. It is a big no-no with Subaru that lead to expensive repairs.

I bought the car used! so no complains! :)

What do you thing guys about

Falken Ziex ZE-912 Vs. Falken Ziex ZE-502 Vs. KUMHO ECSTA ASX ???

which one is the best?

You bought a used Subaru with mismatched tires?

None of the above.

Eagle GTs are $103 each, which is only a few $$ more than the Kumhos. They aren't great in the snow, but I doubt the Kumhos are any better. Otherwise I've been happy with them so far.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+GT&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=145WR7GTXL&tab=Sizes

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived