LegacyGT.com

Alrighty...

So im sorry if this has been discussed heavily and I am just not seeing the threads.

But I have been looking at both legacy gt wagons and outback xt. Both 2005 or newer.

I have seen some specs and realize that the outback has a little bit slower numbers compared to the legacy (acceleration). I am planning to mod whichever vehicle I end up with, probably no more than a stage 2.

How much difference is there in performance?

any help is greatly appreciated

Define 'performance' first.

For track-like performance, it's for sure the LGT wagon. For off-pavement performance, or in deep snow, the Outback's clearance becomes a factor. If you're never going off dry pavement, the only reason for the Outback is if you like its looks. HPH

Hi, try the Pre-Purchase Questions forum in the general section. A search there might give you the info you're looking for. IMO since they seem pretty close performance wise especially if you will mod them to stage 2, it's probably just a matter of what's available near you.

Ok I will check out the pre purchase thread.

This already gives me some good insight. Im thinking somewhere down the road I might be looking a coilovers and some other suspension mods so I think your right Fee with the notion that whatever is available near me will determine my choice.

Thanks for the help guys

I assume you'll be lowering it. If so, LGT - less stuff to do to maintain some semblance of proper geometry.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Congrats!! Now get out of the outback forum...

Lol jk, that's cool you nailed one down so fast. Goodluck and enjoy!! The 5MT is so nice, I know people have complained about how it feels, but after drivng a 18 year old car with a built trans and act 2600, the Subaru trans feels like heaven to me lol.

Archived