LegacyGT.com

squeek from under hood

Our 05 LGT has a squeek coming from under the hood. Sounds like a pully or something maybe? Friend said his 02 WRX did the same thing and he believed it to be one of the motor mounts.

Tried a search, but didn't come up with much. Anyone have this issue before and found a cure? Its not super loud, but can be heard outside the car more-so than inside. Only really notice it at idle and low speeds. (i.e. leaving the driveway)

I had a start up squeak so when I took mine in to get the heated seats fixed I had them take a look. Ended up that the start up squeak was a bad timing pulley. Now almost 2 weeks later im getting my car back, but thanks to purchasing an extended warranty (that I used to look at as a scam) I have no out of pocket expense and a new timing belt b/c the pulley was causing unnatural ware on the belt.

Something you may wanna look into.

I had a tensioner pulley go on me once. Started as a squeak but got much worse in a short period of time. Ended up breaking off and doing some damage under the hood. All warrantied though. You can shoot the pulleys with a little silicone - but just don't hit the belt!! It will get you by until it needs to be replaced. Of course the best thing to do is replace it now, but I know for some people it's not always possible.

Archived