LegacyGT.com

5sp manual and 5sp automatics have slightly different AWD

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I have no idea what to think anymore. There is so much misinformation out there. Upon further research, many signs seem to point that Subaru's ATS AWD system is 90/10, yet I haven't found any official documentation.[/quote] My thought exactly... confusion. One thing I just noticed in what you posted (had seen it before, never made the link...) is that the manual's system AND VTD both have a center differential (plus other things) whereas the ATS relies on an electro-mecanical clutch only. It may be that the differential is what, depending on how it is set up, determines the "normal" ratio and that, not having one, the ATS system just does not have a "normal" ratio but rather keeps moving power around... My 2 cents... Nicolas

[quote name='NicoGamine']One thing I just noticed in what you posted (had seen it before, never made the link...) is that the manual's system AND VTD both have a center differential (plus other things) whereas the ATS relies on an electro-mecanical clutch only. It may be that the differential is what, depending on how it is set up, determines the "normal" ratio and that, not having one, the ATS system just does not have a "normal" ratio but rather keeps moving power around... [/quote] It may well do that, and the Subaru Global site, very well may have answered that. Since it gives no real disturbution ratio numbers, I think it may be safe to say that it is cosntantly variating torque ratios.

Archived