LegacyGT.com

HID, whats best?

Bright? Yes. Usable light? No. All it does is reflect off everything and blind both you and other drivers in the process. Have you driven in rain or snow with them? Next time you do, take notice of how much is reflected off the moisture. It's a lot. That's the same reason I ditched my Silverstars for Osram Rallye 65W bulbs.

These cheap kits are all hit or miss.

I had a terrible experience with DDM/Apexcone (and the vendor that sold me them), but my Volts have performed very well in over a year of use....but some people have trouble with the Volts also.

Like I said hit or miss.

That's what concern's me. Its almost worth the extra money for a Pilot kit just to avoid the possible aggravation. And in the end 119 isn't bad for a very good kit.

Bright? Yes. Usable light? No. All it does is reflect off everything and blind both you and other drivers in the process. Have you driven in rain or snow with them? Next time you do, take notice of how much is reflected off the moisture. It's a lot. That's the same reason I ditched my Silverstars for Osram Rallye 65W bulbs.

Those are nice bulbs, highly recommended if you don't do HIDs.

Adventures in Turbomachinery

Bright? Yes. Usable light? No. All it does is reflect off everything and blind both you and other drivers in the process. Have you driven in rain or snow with them? Next time you do, take notice of how much is reflected off the moisture. It's a lot.

yup, it's the principle behind rayleigh scattering ~λ^−4

i'm not sure there is any benefit to a HID kit higher than 6k, 4300 is prob optimal

That's what concern's me. Its almost worth the extra money for a Pilot kit just to avoid the possible aggravation. And in the end 119 isn't bad for a very good kit.

when I say cheap kits I basically mean anything that doesn't come on a car from the factory...pretty much any aftermarket kit is cheap quality

Archived