LegacyGT.com

SI-Drive Safeguards

Yes :) When it wouldn't switch on me I was turning and holding it for a few seconds and it was still doing nothing... a wiggle of the knob and a little tap around the switch then tried it again and it worked going to then kinda got stuck again. I tried to switch to S two or three times and finally it switched on the 4th time... Then it worked like normal the rest of the ride and still is.

I tried to lift up the console but only the right side lifted, the side where the e-brake handle is would not pull up and I was not about to force it, as noted I'm unfamiliar with how all this is held down and how these cars go together, but I'm far from new at this whole modifying and working on cars deal ;)

I'll let u guys know tomorrow if the car defaults to "I" with very low gas. Right now the gas light is on and I have about 40 miles to go and I can put in "S#" no problems. I'll drive the car until it says "--" and see if it defaults to "I" and if I can put it into "S#"

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I think I've eliminated that as a possible reason... I got it to replicate the problem but only for a short period of time. It wouldn't switch out of S and then I finally go it into I and then it wouldn't come out again... but once again after fooling with the switch a little it finally started to work as normal.

I haven't had a single issue since and I've been using it quite a bit to try and reproduce the issue since if there is a problem with the switch I can get it replaced under the sale warranty. Then again it is only a $58 switch from subaruonlineparts.com

I also have not even had a chance to take it apart to simply clean it... I've been busy screwing around with a GMC Jimmy having to swap out the lifters and clean out the engine from a blown lower intake gasket.

i let the range go down to 20miles, and left it in s#, had no problem switching between all 3 modes, tried getting it down further so it will say "--" but i stopped to fill up at my regular gas station.

i did this more for fun and some info, thought it says "--" below 40miles but i guess its below 20miles. this is the second time i let the gas get that low :lol:, i thought the 'e' ment enough:lol:

anyone else get there range say 20miles or less? :lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

anyone else get there range say 20miles or less? :lol:

I never went below 20 either so far... But yes I was at the same spot and the SI-Drive was still working. I'm starting to think I had a sticky/malfunctioning switch. I still have to pull it and check to see if its dirty inside or something, but so far its been working fine.

Archived