LegacyGT.com

Outside Temperature Display

rocketman

Has anyone else noticed their outside temp display being SERIOUSLY out of whack?

Like, not by 3 degrees Fahrenheit, but 10 or 15?

Mine said it was 92 degrees a couple of days ago. I know it's Atlanta, and I was parked in the sun, but it's April fercrissake. Ain't no such temperature down here. :-)

nope, not have a problem w/ the temp display. However, the MPG one, when I am driving keeps changing every 2 secs...it will from let's say 26mpg then 54, then 99, and so on. Does anyone's else do this?

nope, not have a problem w/ the temp display. However, the MPG one, when I am driving keeps changing every 2 secs...it will from let's say 26mpg then 54, then 99, and so on. Does anyone's else do this?

It's supposed to do that , it's instantaneous mileage.

Most temperature sensors are mounted in the front grill somewhere, in front of the radiator.. When you stop your car, they heatsoak quite rapidly. This also means that the sampling rate is tied to vehicle speed, slower sampling when moving slowly and faster when going faster. This tends to make the "apparent" accuracy very good. However, that initial sample at power-on will be high if the sensor has been heatsoaked. In general, after a few minutes of sustained speed driving, it should calm down to a more accurate reading.

Archived