LegacyGT.com

Finish my DIY GRILL...in MA

ptruong86

I was looking for someone to make me a grill..for for 05 Legacy. I bought a grill and kinda started messing with it but have no time. Looking for someone to finish it...willing to pay. I dont mind shipping it out but looking for someone local in MA.

I just did my grill--used a bumper repair kit to patch the large cut-outs that are formed (middle and sides). If you patch the sides, use paper clips to hold the bondo mesh in place (also do this for the middle section).

Also, took a bit of the extra gutter mesh and expoxied it under the larger center cutout patch to give it some support underneath. I assume you're having issue with bondo cracking in the middle section--if you're using the spot putty--do it in layers. Takes like a whole half day to do it b/c you want each layer to set right...but it won't crack then.

why go thru all that trouble, by the time you buy the bondo, cut, fill, sand , primer fill, primer then paint, attach mesh,too much time involved, you would use about 25-40 bucks in materials. I bought my grill on ebay for 60 bucks took 3 mins to put on. then sell whats left of the frankengrill. Fred beans got avo grill for 99 bucks.

Archived