LegacyGT.com

Do these Subaru brakes fit our Legacy?

illt3ck

You could probably make them fit. It wouldn't be easy (not too tough I bet) and I don't know how much of an advantage you'd get from having them.

The rotors are a smaller size on these brakes (meant to fit under some 16" wheels), but they are a four-piston front/two piston rear design (as opposed to the 2 piston front/1 piston rear that come stock) that we have.

I believe you would actually have slightly less stopping power (just an assumption) but you would be more resistant to brake fade and pad wear would be a little more even.

Fronts could theoretically bolt up with the proper mounting brackets. And honestly, I don't even know if the rears would fit at all and how not having the full setup would affect your brake bias/balance.

Personally, I'd say don't bother. Get a different big brake kit, one specifically suited for the Legacy, rather then getting these.

If you are talking about Subaru 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears, then yes, they can fit, but you need the caliper bracket that fits along with the rotors and you need new wheels as the stock wheels wont fit over the front 4-pot brakes. Also, you might need a longer brake line in the rear as the banjo bolt on the caliper is bolted in a different location where it might be too far for the brake line to connect.

Keefe

Keefe

i would not spend $1 for those brakes they are too bad!:D

i had those on my impreza and i had all the time problems with fading! okay i drive like crazy up and down the alps but if you buy brakes don't spend on crap like that!

my ex impreza's

You overheated your brake pads and brake fluid..

Keefe

Keefe

yes including the brakedisk's they got a blue touch:D

but afterwards i changed the disk's and i took sloted one's and i had the ferrodo ds 2500 pad's with new brakefluid but it was only a little bit better! and don't forget my impreza was only 2900lb so i would say those brakes are to small for the legacy but this is my opinion i'm open for diffrent coments!

i would recomend something like the stoptech bigbrakekit if you realy wana improve the brakesystem!

• 3 months later...
If you are talking about Subaru 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears, then yes, they can fit, but you need the caliper bracket that fits along with the rotors and you need new wheels as the stock wheels wont fit over the front 4-pot brakes. Also, you might need a longer brake line in the rear as the banjo bolt on the caliper is bolted in a different location where it might be too far for the brake line to connect.

Keefe

Yes stock 2005 Legacy GT rims (17x7 +55mm) do fit over FHI 4 pots. Tried it myself.

GGT

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived