LegacyGT.com

$20 Video camera!!

@05Boost: That camera handles the sun very well... I'm impressed. It's a pity the image is so wavy.

re: Recording a cop... Check your local laws. If you are in a "Two Party State" for wiretap laws then you cannot record audio of a conversation unless all parties to the conversation are aware of the recording. That goes for recording the police too.

I'm in a one-party state. During the road-rage incident when i told the cop I had the camera running he told me to turn it off. I complied because I needed him to be on my side, but then I asked the prosecutor about the "turn off the camera" demand while were talking about the raodrage case. The prosecutor told me that they had a recent case where a group of teens parked a car on the train tracks and acted dumb when the police asked them to move it. One of the teens stood by, not interfering, but recording the scene on video. It was obviously set up to try to bait the cop into losing his temper. The cop acted professionally, dealt with the situation, then asked the prosecutor about charging the guy with the video - no charges were possible. That video is on youtube, but I never looked for it.

So, in short, in Ohio if you do not interfere with the officer, you can record whatever you want IN PUBLIC. However, common sense should tell you that if you want the officer to help you you should not piss him off. If the situation was one in which turning the camera off would not help me (ie the Brett Darrow incident) then it's gonna stay on and I know that I'm within my rights.

@05Boost: That camera handles the sun very well... I'm impressed. It's a pity the image is so wavy.

The image gets wavy if its not mounted securly or if its on a spot that vibrates a lot. The thing is ment to be a spy camera so im generally assuming stationary so the movements and it just being cliped on to the sun visor are creating that.

Archived