LegacyGT.com

07+ head unit on 05?

lyh_chnxm

Does anyone know how to put 07+ head unit on 05? Anything needs to be modified or just plug&play? coz 07+ has aux-in and i don't know how to connect the 3.5mm stereo cable to the unit. I remember I saw some posts about the installation but couldn't find them. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

My car is 2005 2.5i single CD manual climate control and the replacing unit is 07 2.5i single CD manual climate control.

Since you have manual climate controls I would go with an aftermarket unit. They make a dash kit for your car. Better sound and more power. I would love to have that option. Stupid climate control!

Fully agreed, be glad you aren't tied to OEM stereo options.

Here's the main thread for this upgrade...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50364&highlight=2007+head+unit

The stereo should work fine just by plugging it in. The Aux input will not however and will take some work to get it to work. If you're just going to use an Ipod though just get the iPod Integration Kit from Subaru. Then again, does that '07 head unit have Satellite radio?

I agree with the above posters, go after market. Unless you insist on the OEM look.

Good luck!

Here's the main thread for this upgrade...

Unless you insist on the OEM look.

Good luck!

That is the main reason I was thinking about. But now I decide to go with aftermarket. Looking for a receiver around $90-100 and can match the red interior light.

Archived