LegacyGT.com

Adjust rear toe and rear camber

oister

I am beginning to see more and more lowered cars on this board, so what do you guys use to correct the rear camber and rear toe?

Is there enough adjustment on the stock rods to adjust? Or did you guys buy aftermarket adjustable arms.

....I am not aware of any specific adjustable rear arms yet for the Legacy, I wonder if other subbie arms will work. After all, it really is just a threaded rod with spherical bearings on the ends.

There are no adjustments in the rear for camber or toe.. currently, I am waiting for either Cusco or Whiteline to create a set of adjustable lateral links for the GT. The main problem is that the Major Lateral Link has an integrated bumpstop platform. The new aftermarket lateral links will need this design as well. If they dont, just say goodbye to the lateral link as you hit a big bump and the bumpstop beats down on the link and bend it, or worse, snap it. A set of Impreza arms wont work as this new Legacy BL/BP rear supsension design is new and different from all the previous models. When you look at the rear suspension, you will see what I mean.

Currently under the car, there are centric bolts where the Major Lateral Link is mounted to, it's just to correct toe alignment and camber aligment at the same time, but not by much to where you can really do anything useful.

Right now, I am dealing with -1.5 degrees of camber in the rear with 0 (zero) toe. I can deal with the camber wear, but toe wear just eats up the tires too much. With the stock centric bolts, you really can't do much other than adjusting the toe as the centric bolt isnt really that big to make a difference in the toe alignment.

Keefe

Keefe

Thanks for the info. Technically, I am not too worry about the camber. On my other car, I have 3deg of camber, and the tire wear is not bad at all. That is because I have 0 toe. It would be nice to have a way to adjust camber, but hearing that toe can be completely dialed out to 0 is a very good news. Tires change can get real expensive real quick.

Archived