LegacyGT.com

FM Reception

OkieSmokie

I'm trying to figure out if my FM antenna has gone out or if reception has been crappy for everyone. When I roll north on 680 NB out of San Ramon I completely lose every FM station except for 98.1 - the old school jams.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm completely stock, no new deck etc.

I know it is a nerdy question, but I would love to know it isn't an issue with just my car.

Thanks.

The only radio stations i listen to are south bay/sf based, and I lose signal going north on 680 through the sunol grade. That's when I switch to XM or CD since signal isn't the best from then on. Not sure which areas they stay strong after sunol.

I can pick up Alice 97.3 here in Sacramento in the morning.

Are your windows tinted?

Yes, but they have been tinted since day one (9/2004). This was a recent problem...gradually got worse over about a year. Now I cannot get any AM stations either.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Thanks for responding - glad I'm not the only one. I've had tint since I bought the car as well. I can't believe it would be something with the amp as 98.1 is clear as a bell with nothing else coming through.

When in doubt, blame Obama.

Archived