LegacyGT.com

resistor mod for aftermarket up pipe??

vettez062002

I heard there was a mod I could do to turn off the check engine light because my car has a gutted cat and sti up pipe so the check engine light is on and my cat codes are coming up.

I heard there is a cheap way to fix it with installing a resistor? can anyone give me some help here

thanks

Kevin

IIRC, basically a 2k or 2.2k ohm resistor goes across the wires that normally lead to the stock EGT sensor. Search for "Resister Mod" in the Exhaust section.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I heard there was a mod I could do to turn off the check engine light because my car has a gutted cat and sti up pipe so the check engine light is on and my cat codes are coming up.

I heard there is a cheap way to fix it with installing a resistor? can anyone give me some help here

thanks

Kevin

Kevin, already wrote up a walkthough for you.

1. Click FORUM 2. Click WALKTHROUGH:PERFORMANCE MODS 3. Scroll through the list... Page 2 you would have found my walkthough... Next time check the section first, members went to a lot more trouble than me to make 'em and they are a wealth of info.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/unofficial-05-06-lgt-2-131488.html

Stage 1 93 octabe COBB v1.....I am trying to find out what I need to put in the EGT hole. I thought the UP should come with that plug but apparently it doesnt. So I call Invidia = Clueless. I want to make sure I use the right thread type so I dont strip anything.

^^ It's Invidias uppipe, if they sell it they should be able to sell you a bolt to plug the hole. I would ask to speak to someone else. If not call subaru up im sure they can give you the specifications of the EGT sensor and then just match that up with a bolt at the harwear store. I belive its a fine thread.

Archived