LegacyGT.com

rough idle, hesitation and pulling boost

2006 LGT , lately its been idling rough, almost as though its got a misfire, it also sometimes will hesitate under acceleration. When the hesitation gets bad the car stops boosting 11-13psi and will only boost 6-8psi and runs like dirt. The problem is intermittent and did it with the cobb accessport and with it completelty uninstalled. The car is also bone stock save for a removed snorkel/ intake resonator. Any ideas?

Check the "T" vac lines, it's under the TMIC. My bet is that one of them popped off the T.

If you hadn't done so, Zip-Tie them onto the T. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a somewhat rough idle and hesitation around 2k rpm as well. My T connector did pop off which threw a CEL code P0171. Had that fixed, but the rough idle and hesitation is still there.

Could this be a possible spark plug issue? What are the 05 Legacy GT plugs gapped at?

update. it was a loss of compression in cylinder 4. stay tuned for forged bottom end build.

by the way if anyone knows the cause of the discoloration in this picture feel free to chime in

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs503.ash1/29773_398527701436_640116436_4797080_6263407_n.jpg

2006 LGT , lately its been idling rough, almost as though its got a misfire, it also sometimes will hesitate under acceleration. When the hesitation gets bad the car stops boosting 11-13psi and will only boost 6-8psi and runs like dirt. The problem is intermittent and did it with the cobb accessport and with it completelty uninstalled. The car is also bone stock save for a removed snorkel/ intake resonator. Any ideas?

my car has the same problem after I put some cheap 93 gasoline into it. (out of gas in the middle of nowhere, had no choice). Water damaged the fuel pumps, and now cylinder 1,3,4 are all misfired, need to replace 3 injectors....

good thing, I got my insurance cover it under the comprehensive but need to pay 500 bucks deductible. :(

Archived