LegacyGT.com

Turbo Problems

tnwlf13

Just two quick questions. My turbo may have gone out on me last night. I think I'm just a couple months outside my warranty but it may still be worth a shot. It's 5 years or 60,000 correct? As far as a dealer, who in the area may be my best bet to work with me at all on that? And in general, what dealer or other service place would any of you recommend? that turned out to be three questions...

I was driving home from work last night and the CEL came on. No loss of power or any other change that I could tell at that point (I was on the freeway). I was almost to my exit and after I stopped at a light the car had almost no power. The engine down-shifted at 2700 rpm throughout the gears (like it was trying to avoid boost but that could have been my imagination) when rpms did get over 2700 I had some boost, but very little, and I could hear the turbo making noise. It isn't quite a rattle, but something close to that. I'm borrowing my cousin's car to get to work today and will try and diagnose on Monday, but those symptoms sure seem turbo to me...

Guest LGT-NY
You could have just popped a vacuum line. Check that the rubber hose(s) under the intercooler is attached and seated firmly.... And my bad on the warranty thing, I wasn't aware.

Could still be a number of things... Could be a gasket, could be your intercooler... Take advantage of warranty if ya can. If they don't cover you any more, I can take a look at it if you want. I've had lots if issues with my car that I've fixed over the years.

I sure hope it's something easy like that. As for the warranty, like I said at the top, I'm a couple months outside. Is there one service department here locally that's more likely than another to give me any leeway there? I'm at 53,9xx miles. I work all day today so nothing is happening until Monday no matter what.

I used to go to Mark Miller on 39th and State for a few years, but they finally cut me off. Nate and Kenny are good guys if you want to try them, though... They have told me in the past that they don't really care about the year, just the mileage.

I'm gonna get it towed up to Mark Miller on Monday. I'll poke around for loose or disconnected hoses tomorrow, but I'm not entirely optomistic about that idea. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too serious and that I can convince them to cover at least some of it under warranty...Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll keep ya posted.

Cross posting...but does anyone in here have any experience with the service department at doug smith? it'll cost me a hundred bucks to get towed to mark miller, but i can get it to doug smith for free.

Yeah, friends of mine have gone to Nate Wade and they freak out about ANY mods. Also had a couple friends that needed complete rebuilds multiple times after going to Nate Wade. I've never taken my car there, but I never will now.

Archived