LegacyGT.com

Lets See Your Sirius XM Dock & Play Setups

Dust N bones

I thought it would be nice to see Sirius and/or XM radio dock and play setups in your Legacy's, I'm especially interested in fourth gens. I pick up my new (to me) 09 Legacy Limited tomorrow and I'm looking for the best way to install my Sirius Starmate unit. I was thinking of trying the cubby or maybe there is a special bracket I can buy?

I'm looking forward to some ideas and pics. Thanks in advance. :)

I had a real problem finding a spot in the car for my Sirius radio, I have a Sportster and a Starmate kicking around... too big for the cubby, and didn't want to vent mount them.

I ended up sticking mine in the center console, which was real easy to hook up with the aux-in jack and the 12V jack in the console, but it's not visible or user-friendly. I refuse to pay $350 for the OEM setup, although it is a nice unit.

So I'd like to see some too! :lol:

I had my XM unit (small audiovox unit) in the Cubby with a custom made faceplate. Changed it to another spot after I put in a single din radio in the Cubby. The cubby spot was great , will try to post up a pic when I find it.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread sucks, let me try to liven this place up some. :lol:

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/plate2.jpg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/plate2.jpg

Aluminum bracket in the back, custom faceplate wrapped in Di-Noc CF.

Overall, I think I'm on the right track, but I'm not entirely happy with how it came out. I need to grind the sides down a bit and bring the plate back so the unit sits more in the cubby. It's tough because the height of the unit / dock will not fit in the cubby without modification, and I don't want to destroy the cubby if I can help it.

I want to change the angle of the plate too. When finished it will be more stright up and down, rather than on the same angle as the radio face. Going to bring the radio down a hair too. I also don't like the CF wrap on the plate, will paint it trim black to better match the dash plastics.

But it's a start :lol:

Archived