LegacyGT.com

8 pin harness / phone input on 2005 radio

Masshole

Has anyone successfully used the 8 pin harness to add phone functionality to the OEM radio? I've been searching all my normal electronics outlets, but can't find anyone who carries the appropriate pins to add to this harness.

Any suggestions on how to add the pins to the currently empty spots on the harness? As it stands now, it's looking like the best options are:

A) junkyard - cut up a harness, break it apart and take the pins

B) ghetto-rig

A few people have played with the phone input. See this thread:

(and no, they weren't successful at turning it into a stereo aux in -- the HU uses custom EQ settings tailored for phone audio)

I haven't heard of anyone actually using it for a BT / phone car kit, but it would allow connecting a Parrot with a a fraction of the harness madness they normally use.

As for getting pins, the vendors want you to buy them in lots of 10,000 (or even 40,000). Then there's still the unique, expensive crimp tool required... :icon_roll

But I could make a few pins/wires for you.

A few people have played with the phone input. See this thread:

(and no, they weren't successful at turning it into a stereo aux in -- the HU uses custom EQ settings taylored for phone audio)

I haven't heard of anyone actually using it for a BT / phone car kit, but it would allow connecting a Parrot with a a fraction of the harness madness they normally use.

As for getting pins, the vendors want you to buy them in lots of 10,000 (or even 40,000). Then there's still the unique, expensive crimp tool required... :icon_roll

But I could make a few pins/wires for you.

That would be incredible! I've been going nuts trying to figure out how I was going to make this work without going doing a low-quality install.

PM sent for info and reimbursement whatnots.

Archived