LegacyGT.com

Amber Lights as DRL?

Hey All,

Does anyone know how to setup the corner amber lights as daytime running lights? Or at the very least how to make the parking light come on with the key instead of the switch?

I want to install HID's and keep some form of DRL, but i dont have fog lights so I am looking for an alternative.

Thanks

I maybe should have started a new thread for this, but I will start with a post in this one.

First of all, yes my ambers do stay on in the 1st click so thats good.

But i was wondering,

Has anyone disabled the DRL, installed HID's for the low beams, and then leave the light stalk in the full On position. and have the HIDs fun off a photo cell? so when its day time, only the marker lights are on. But at night time the HID's come on?

I think this would be a pretty simple mod... but I am an intermidaite when it comes to electronics, so I would like someone else's input on this.

Thanks

Hey All,

Does anyone know how to setup the corner amber lights as daytime running lights? Or at the very least how to make the parking light come on with the key instead of the switch?

I want to install HID's and keep some form of DRL, but i dont have fog lights so I am looking for an alternative.

Thanks

You can buy a module that will allow you to use your turn signal bulbs as DRLs (when the turn signal is not on). These lights are brighter and more conspicuous than parking lights. This was a legal implementation for DRLs in the US and Canada, when I last researched it. You may have seen some car models come from the factory set up like this.

http://dastern.torque.net/Mods/DRL/DRL1.html

Cost was around $40, last time I checked.

Archived