LegacyGT.com

LGT CD Changer Jammed

Skiman

Has anyone had an issue with the factory CD changer jamming, not turning on, not ejecting CD's, trying to change to CD's already loaded in the player, etc.?

As told by my daughter, a CD (home burned unit) started skipping and she pressed to move from that CD to another that was already loaded and the system simply refused to make a change and play the next CD selected.

I have an '05 LGT.

Is there a reset button for the stereo? Any way to shut it down and restart the system? This is very frustrating not having tunes as the factory antenna in the rear window does not do a very good job at picking up stations. Even in the midst of the NYC - Philly broadcast region.

Any thoughts or comments are as always appreciated.

I would keep effin with it turning power on and off and pushing the eject button until the CD comes out. Had this happen in my truck a few years back with a burnt CD and that's what I did to get it out. Just do not force or pry anything to get it out. One you do it's history. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I pulled the fuse when the radio was on and waited a few minutes and nothing cleared on the changer. Figured that woulb be the same as disconnecting the battery. Maybe - maybe not. I'll try the battery later today.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a year old already but I am having the same problem. I can't get the CD player recognized at all. When I plugged in the radio (swapped a replacement fot my original stock unit that went bad) I saw an indication of a CD and heard mechanical noises inside but nothing is working now. When I press CD nothing happens, and when I press "load" nothing happens. If I hold the eject for 3-4 seconds I get a beep but nothing happens.

Anyone know how to "reset" the stock radio and get it to recognize the cd player again?

I pulled the negative terminal off the car battery for a few hours and no dice: still no recognition that there is even a cd changer installed!

Well, I've checked all the fuses, disconnected the battery, in fact put in a new one, pushed all the buttons, etc. to no avail. The CD changer just won't load, eject, play just beep when buttons pushed and held.

I'm going to be contacting Subaru in Cherry Hill as this is driving me crazy as I drive 135 miles RT to work every day and now am having Transmission Valve Body issues.

Not good stuff on a 2005 with only 141,000 miles that has been very well taken care of.

I dug deeper into my radio today. I had the radio working with all the covers turned off and the cd player in my hand so I can see it moving. All the discs go up and down when it is doing its power up sequence. It seems like to me that the "door" to the cd changer is stuck. Or something is blocking the hole where the discs should be coming out. There is one disc stuck in there which won't come out. I can't see any way to get this disc out without completely disassembling the cd changer and I doubt i'd ever get it back together.

This seems to be a very similar way to how my other cd changer failed.

Any ideas?

My project last weekend was to open up the radio/cd the way you did, never got around to it. This weekend too busy and won't have car for a week starting Sunday as I get my "deer caught in the headlights" body work done. Car took a big hit for about $3600. Just hope the body shop matches up the silver color OK.

I'll play with it when I get it back. I'll also follow up with Import Perf. Trans at that time.

Anyone try the KYB shocks as I'm looking at them vs. the very expensive Koni's / Spec B replacement kit? I refuse to pay $160 a shock as quoted by the dealer for factory replacements.

Archived