LegacyGT.com

Credit where its due

So I just got this car and took it in for inspection. it had the temp inspection sticker on it. For the first time I got to see someone driving the car and see it in motion. Man this thing looks awesome. I was kinda worried because in picture i think the pre-facelift looks better but in person the post face lift looks very nice. I rarely see the the 04-09 legacy on the road and if i do, its just a glimps. never got a chance to really take a good look at one moving.

I dont even think it needs a drop, rims, tint etc,. To me it looks perfect the way it is. Also the fit and finish seems top notch to me. When I look at a new camry or honda, nissan and likes, subaru really did a good job in making sure that the lines flow, the hood line is where its supposed to be, the bumper cut line is neat. too bad i could not afford the GT or 3.0

LOL just wanted to share this guys.

I think the secret to the Legacy compared to the Camry, Altima, Accord, etc. is the long hood and shorter rear. The FWD competition just don't have that look. RWD and AWD typically have a beautiful profile. Just look at the 3-series. Yeah, I definitely agree with your opinion on the beauty of Legacy.

i agree...i love the look of the 4th gen so much, like my car, that i still havent warmed up to the new legacy..they took something so classy and turned it into a lump of metal...just my opinion, but i also think my wifes malibu has a beautiful profile too..i love the low slung roofline, very short rear deck, and longer hood..when a company nails a design, its almost scary when its time for a redesign..not sure why subie just didnt evolve a little on the old cars look, like BMWs and Audis seem to do..they keep their basic shape and look, just teak the minor stuff...

Definitely love the profile of the 4th gen. I parked my car in the garage next to my dad's Honda CRV and my "little" sport sedan was probably a full foot longer because the front end is so long. I just can't say enough about the exterior styling and how well done it was. I love the look of the front end on the 08-09 when they gave it the mid-production redesign and re-did the foglights.

And subachevro, they changed to design to be mainstream and appeal to the average buyer, and their sales records reflect that. Sales of the Legacy doubled with the 5th gen over the last year. I'm not saying I agree with it or like the style, but there are tons of other debate threads on it, so lets not turn this into another one of those.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I love my 07, i think the 4 gen has the best look. I also like the 3rd gen outback sedan. thats a nice car. although if they brought back the baja. the 5th gen would make a nice baja.

+1 on the 3rd gen Outback sedan. Nothing flashy but the design of that car is understated, rugged and gorgeous from all angles.

And here I thought I was the only starstruck idiot that stares at his own car ! Everytime I walk towards it to get in , and later when I park it and walk away------I check out EVERY curve - every surface. The car is a classic timeless beauty ! :)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I love everything about my car, even the minor problems.

My friends make fun of me for how well I maintain my car. I wash it once a week in the spring, summer, and fall assuming the time and weather cooperates, wax it monthly, and put a sealant on 2-3 times per year to keep those curves looking bright and shiny. I also change my own oil, which blows most people's minds.

I love everything about my car, even the minor problems.

My friends make fun of me for how well I maintain my car. I wash it once a week in the spring, summer, and fall assuming the time and weather cooperates, wax it monthly, and put a sealant on 2-3 times per year to keep those curves looking bright and shiny. I also change my own oil, which blows most people's minds.

Joe.......I used to wash my engine ----do you ? ( I can't anymore-----ex wife got the house , the driveway , and the hose. ! ) I used to roll the car out of the garage , pop the hood , spray simple green all over every surface , wipe with a clean rag , then gently hose off. What a great feeling !

What can I say.....I love my subie :)

I have a friend who drives an SRT-4 (Re-entry is a bitch!) and every now and then we'll trade cars and drive somewhere. I always catch myself staring lovingly at it the whole time. Glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

I knew someone who had an SRT-4. Felt like it had NO pull even with 27psi.

Joe.......I used to wash my engine ----do you ? ( I can't anymore-----ex wife got the house , the driveway , and the hose. ! ) I used to roll the car out of the garage , pop the hood , spray simple green all over every surface , wipe with a clean rag , then gently hose off. What a great feeling !

What can I say.....I love my subie :)

No engine wash. I've only had it for 7 months and engine detailing isn't something I've had money for. I just dropped $200 on some h-techs that I'm going to install as soon as they get here and getting rid of the re92s and new rims are next, so engine detailing stuff isn't something I really want to spend money on quite yet. I'm sure when I start going to meets and things as my car comes together, when the hood is popped for more than my own personal fun, I'll detail the engine a few times a year.

No engine wash. I just dropped $200 on some h-techs that I'm going to install as soon as they get here and getting rid of the re92s and new rims are next, so engine detailing stuff isn't something I really want to spend money on quite yet. I'm sure when I start going to meets and things as my car comes together, when the hood is popped for more than my own personal fun, I'll detail the engine a few times a year.

Well when you are ready to make that huge investment in engine detailing, be prepared to drop about 8 big ones. :lol:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DB7lOmErL._SS500_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Green-13022-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B0000CFLYJ]Amazon.com: Simple Green 13022 All Purpose Cleaner. 22 oz.: Automotive[/ame]

I guess I just got owned. I was thinking an engine degreaser from autozone or something like that. I'll definitely add that to my list of things to pick up next time I run to the store.

I guess I just got owned. I was thinking an engine degreaser from autozone or something like that. I'll definitely add that to my list of things to pick up next time I run to the store.

Hahahaha ! Yeah joeblow......simple green is amazing stuff. It even removes blood from fabrics (statement of fact--not a weird comment ! :)) (p.s. -I think you missed the part of my post where I said "pop the hood" :) ) The key to simple green working is wetting everything down first , then spray it. When this stuff first came on the market , each bottle had a pamphlet attached to the neck. It explained all it's possible uses like blood stain removal , degreasing , etc. It also stated that water was necessary as a cataylst. So I always start by MISTING the engine bay with a garden hose , then spraying everything with SG. Let it do it's job for a couple of minutes and then wipe eash part with a cotton rag. It takes all the dirt off easily. Then MIST again. Leave hood open to dry. Been doing this for 20 years. (Note of caution.....DO NOT DO THIS TO A HOT ENGINE ! ) That's why I said in my original post I "roll the car out of the garage " !! Peace brother :)

My dad asked me to meet him to pick up our 86 Nissan 300ZX from the shop, and since I'm the only one in the family with auto mechanical knowledge he told me to drive the Nissan and see how it was. I watched my LGT in the rearview the whole time.

It may look great stock, but with a drop and wheels it looks 100x better..

I think I am with a couple of the other guys that think it looks great the way it rolled off the truck, tint added of course. And I can't say I wasn't glad to see the yokahamas go either. I need to update my avatar and show my legacy with the new General UHP's on it.

It is a beautiful car though, I always used to watch my wife driving it around the pond to our house...amen to the sun hitting that blue pearl :wub:

I knew someone who had an SRT-4. Felt like it had NO pull even with 27psi.

Really? My friend's just has a catless TBE and intake, 15psi and that car pulls pretty effin hard for an almost stock car. Maybe I'm just used to not-fast cars. My LGT still makes me giggle like a school girl through first and second gear, and I'm stock. :lol:

Archived