LegacyGT.com

quick sway bar question

joeblow

Searching is tiresome for something quick like this and I apologize if the question has been asked a lot.

I found a great deal on a Perrin 25mm rear sway, but don't have the money to upgrade the front at the same time. Will I run into any major problems with a 25mm rear paired with a stock front sway bar in terms of oversteer and things of that nature? Should I look at a 20mm or 22mm and pay significantly more?

It's cool; I'm with the band

I've heard that doing a F&R pairing is your best options. I've heard that lift throttle overseer becomes pretty pronounced when you do just a rear bar. I don't know from experience yet. My plan for the car is to do matching 25mm F&R bars with endlinks all at the same time.

Thanks for the help I was checking because right now the Perrin website has their 25mm rear for the Legacy for only $89.99, and I was thinking about getting one. If anyone else is in the market for a big sway bar, check it out

I've got the Perrin 22mm adj RSB on with the stock front and haven't had any issues. The car will oversteer since you're going from a 16mm to a 25mm with a 19mm in front.

If you're doing the 25mm you should really get aftermarket endlinks and mounts. I have the Perrin endlinks with AVO stout mounts. That bar will most likely break the stock ones.

I was planning on getting new endlinks if I go ahead and buy it. I hadn't realized the stock front was 21mm. I was thinking it was a puny 16 or 17 like the rear and that would make a huge difference in terms of oversteer by having a large rear and significantly smaller front. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the sway bar and endlinks and I'll let you guys know how significant the oversteer feel is in a few weeks when I get it installed.

I recently put on the perrin 25mm F&R. On the soft setting for both the car has mild oversteer. I would imagine a stock F and 25mm R would tail out a little more. Don't worry, it won't hammer head on you like a throttle lift mid corner in an old 911.

Archived