LegacyGT.com

A few Downpipe questions.

I just got my erz downpipe and 3" - 2.5" adapter in the mail. I have that and my sti up heat wrapped and theyre ready to install. My question is. Do I need to get a gasket for the 2.5 to 2.5" connection between the dp adapter and the mid. and could someone try and talk me into doing a turndown after the downpipe or would that sound too rediculous :rolleyes:. Thanks guys

I just got my erz downpipe and 3" - 2.5" adapter in the mail. I have that and my sti up heat wrapped and theyre ready to install. My question is. Do I need to get a gasket for the 2.5 to 2.5" connection between the dp adapter and the mid. and could someone try and talk me into doing a turndown after the downpipe or would that sound too rediculous :rolleyes:. Thanks guys

I was advised to get OEM donut and an OEM gasket for either end of the dp. Not sure what rediculous means, so someone else will have to advise on that.

New gaskets are always a good idea. You're better safe than sorry with an exhaust leak.

If you do something like an electronic exhaust cut out, then it's not ridiculous. Having it dump right after the downpipe for a daily driver would be. Overall I don't see enough of a benefit to install an electronic dump valve, not in my daily driver at least.

Make sure you have extra hardware when you do the install. It's a good idea to have extra turbo to downpipe bolts and make sure you pick up longer spring bolts for the downpipe to midpipe. The factory ones are not long enough with the 3"-2.5" adapter in there. Go to NAPA and go to the exhaust section and pick up the spring bolts that fit OEM Chrysler vehicles. Those are the perfect length. Do you also have a tune ready to go?

Archived