LegacyGT.com

legacy short shifter

mightymouse

I have an 08 spec b and have noticed that shifting throught the gears is somewhat "clunky" compared the the sti. does anyone know if the I were to swap the subaru short shifter into my legacy if it would make a difference? also would I be able to fit say the mode double adjustable short shifter on top of the subaru short shifter?

i dont see why you can't change the shift stick with the factory shift kit with linkage swapped in

do you think this would resemble the smooth shifting action of an sti? or is it the difference between transmissions (6spd spec b. and 6spd sti)?

the tranny is...pretty much the same.

i really dont know about the factory shift kit with linkage - i was going to go that route initially but it's 697$ here. so i said screw it.

have you tried replacing your tranny fluid? i hear the subaru extra S is the way to go. or you can mix redline 75-90NS with lightweight shockproof

can you not get the sti short shifter online? the dollar is basically at parity.. i figured at most would cost under $400.. I thought the fluid wasn't supposed to be changed really.. how much of an improvement are we looking at in terms of changing fluids?

yeah. after they quoted me that. i found out that i could have bought the sti shifter linkage kit for under 300$USD. dont remember where anymore.

you'll eventually need to change the fluid. if you can get your hands on the subaru extra S, i guess i would recommend it - even though i never tried it - . there is a thread about it here.

I was reading a post on the sti short shifter linkage unit and it was mentioned that everything was the same between the stock shifter and the SPT STI STS except for the geometry of the shift rod. Is this true? because if it is then adding the the mode or kartboy to the sts linkages wouldn't make that much of a difference. Can anyone confirm this?

Archived