LegacyGT.com

Feedback on this 2005 Legacy GT Wagon

jpapanas

I'm from out of state - has anyone around Holliston, MA checked out this 2005 Legacy GT Wagon

http://home.comcast.net/~jpapanas/Subaru/2005LegacyGTWagon.pdf

Mileage is high but it's priced accordingly - wondering if it's worth pursuing... I've been looking for a SWP 5MT wagon for a while - if the cosmetics are good then i might go for it - but it's hard to tell with these low res pictures.

Regards,

Jim

2005LegacyGTWagon.jpg.6d228b8a5910a05ae5d04ec7174fa1f4.jpg

Well, the Carfax service history looks good (yes, I know it's not totally reliable). I see why you're interested; on the Internet this thing looks good. I'm not immediately near Holliston but I might be able to justify going there this week since I have some customers southwest of Boston that I may have to visit.

IF I'm able to see it (not sure yet), I'll take some hi-res photos for you.

Jim,

I grew up in the next town over, the dealer is right around the corner from my folks house. I'll be in the area over the weekend, but probably not while the dealership is open. I don't have a hi-res camera, but I can take a couple pictures anyways.

This dealership usually has a hand full of used subies on their lot.

If you're interested in purchasing it I can put you in touch with the family mechanic (also right around the corner), he's always blessed my family's used car purchases.

- Andy

Thanks Andy,

This site is great - people are willing to help out so readily! :)

What i'm looking for is confirmation that the car looks as good in person as it does in those pictures on Autotrader. Is the paint original, are there any dents or scratches that don't show in those low-res pictures, is the interior as clean as mentioned, etc...?

Regards,

Jim

Sorry about that one. I called and placed a deposit as soon as I saw it listed on Saturday. I am buying it sight unseen so hopefully I am not buying a lemon. Hopefully another one will pop up soon for you.

Dang, was I in the twilight zone when I bought mine after it was on the market for over a week? Then again I did pay a couple thousand more given it had 31K miles... despite a little less cash in my pocket I'm happy with the purchase. :)

By the way, did you see this one?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-05-legacy-gt-manual-131297p2.html?highlight=wagon

Sorry about that one. I called and placed a deposit as soon as I saw it listed on Saturday. I am buying it sight unseen...

Damn you Leg Man! :spin:

Well, let us know how it turns out... I have a feeling it's going to be a nice one. Are you shipping it or driving it back to CA?

Yes, but I'm really only looking for a SWP/Taupe color combination because of Houston's climate...

Thanks again Shutterbc and Andy for offering to help though!

Regards,

Jim

I drove by the dealer and took a quick peak at the car yesterday. Big "SOLD" tag hanging from the rear view mirror. The car is very clean, I didn't see any nicks, scratches, or dents at all. The paint still has good shine to it also. The interior looked good from what I could see through the dark tint.

good luck Leg Man

Thanks for the report fossil. Any input helps me feel better about buying a car on the other side of the country. Supposedly it is getting dropped off at the shipping company today and should be pulling into LA about 2 weeks later. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Now I need to look into selling my sedan.

Archived