LegacyGT.com

Hey all,

Currently I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5i (yes not a turbo...but I like it)

Anyways, the only mods I have done to this point are: Installed a double din nav system to replace stock stereo (my car has manual climate controls) added a sirius tuner (which is under the passanger seat) and installed an mono amp (in truck spare tire well) and a 12" sub (will be replaced probably with a 10" after I make one of thoughs fancy fiberglass box's)

Anyways, Now because money is always an issue, I have a few choices of what to buy next. The options are as follows:

1. Spec B steering wheel with the audio controlls (which will work with my aftermarket stereo quite nicely)

2. HID's in the stock head lights

3. Replace the headlights with aftermarket ones from r-rev (the ones that come with the ccfl rings) (I dont really want to do anything to my oem lights in case I screw them up)

3 b. If I were to go with option 3 I would want to eventualy put in HID's.

So any input that you could give on these options would be great. If you can give advice on where to buy the option that you recommend that would also be helpful.

Finaly, are there any good / "nessesary" suspention or preformance mods that should / could be done to the 2.5i? and no not selling it to buy a gt. I have a different car to be fast in, this is just a travelling car / everyday to work car that I want to be comfortable in.

Thanks everyone, this site is awsome.

Get yourself some HID immediately as it is a very easy install ($100ish). After you see how easy it was and gain confidence, heat and clear your headlights (FREE!). Put in silver turns ($15) or spray your turns with silver spraypaint you already own (FREE!).

Don't do anything to the suspension your WORK car that you want to be comfortable in and have stated that you have no interest in going fast in.

Spend all the money you saved on the LED that you wont care about and will never personally see (you will be driving) and spend it on your GO FAST CAR!

Enjoy! We think you are awesome too but will think you are MORE awesome if you post pics of whatever you end up chosing to do in the end!!! If you are in So Cal I will clear your lights if you buy me lunch.

Ok, for HID's. Which would you guys recommend buying? I live in canada so it gets to -40 and lower somtimes.... Also, if I go with HID's I would need to disable DRL, and thats where I was thinking the CFL's would come in handy.

Thoughts?

And yes, as soon as I finish my audio install I will be sure to post pics.

Well I think I am going to go for a set of HID's, so my question now would be, where does everyone recommend to get them from, and what color? I was thinking the 4300... but i would want somthing as close to a stock color as possible.

Thanks for your input

Hey all,

Currently I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5i (yes not a turbo...but I like it)

Anyways, the only mods I have done to this point are: Installed a double din nav system to replace stock stereo (my car has manual climate controls) added a sirius tuner (which is under the passanger seat) and installed an mono amp (in truck spare tire well) and a 12" sub (will be replaced probably with a 10" after I make one of thoughs fancy fiberglass box's)

Anyways, Now because money is always an issue, I have a few choices of what to buy next. The options are as follows:

1. Spec B steering wheel with the audio controlls (which will work with my aftermarket stereo quite nicely)

2. HID's in the stock head lights

3. Replace the headlights with aftermarket ones from r-rev (the ones that come with the ccfl rings) (I dont really want to do anything to my oem lights in case I screw them up)

3 b. If I were to go with option 3 I would want to eventualy put in HID's.

So any input that you could give on these options would be great. If you can give advice on where to buy the option that you recommend that would also be helpful.

Finaly, are there any good / "nessesary" suspention or preformance mods that should / could be done to the 2.5i? and no not selling it to buy a gt. I have a different car to be fast in, this is just a travelling car / everyday to work car that I want to be comfortable in.

Thanks everyone, this site is awsome.

Try subimods HID, they are $88 shipped and very good quality.

So tell me,

I have read alot about needing to block a whole in the headlights when installing HIDs, but it looks like you need to take the headlight out... how important is this?

also, subimods dont look like they sell the wire harness for the headlights, and I think I would like to go that route. Any other places good to buy HID's from?

So tell me,

I have read alot about needing to block a whole in the headlights when installing HIDs, but it looks like you need to take the headlight out... how important is this?

also, subimods dont look like they sell the wire harness for the headlights, and I think I would like to go that route. Any other places good to buy HID's from?

I dont know if your concern is really matter, I've seen wrx guy ran these kits 5 years w/o any problem. No, you dont need to take off the headlight housing, just remove the back circle cover on each light and drill a hole there for necessary wiring.

You can try ddmtuning, or xenonexpert.

good luck :)

Hey all,

Just un update, I went and bought a set of HID's El chepos VVT is the brand name.... but they didnt come with a wire harness.... I know lots of you say you dont need one... But I would like to stay as far away from the factory wireing harness as possible.

So I went on a search to find a wire harness, and I found a local shop that sells a more expensive brand HID with the full wire harness (I dont have the name with me at the moment) anyways, I bought a set and I am picking them up tomorrow (as when I got there today he said his warehouse was already closed)

I will pick up the new HID's tomorrow, and install them and see how they look. I got a 6K bulb in the more expencive set... the chepos have an 8K bulb (which i think may look a little ricer ish.. so I am going to stay away from them I think)

Thanks for all the help everyone

I will post pics for sure.

Can someone point me in the direction of a walk thru to fill in the triange hole everyone is talking about that can cause glare with the HID's? I have been searching but I cant find a post on this.

I see you need to take out the headlight assembly (which I will also need to figgure out how to do)

Thanks everyone

Archived